Cases holding steady in area care facilities
After a significant drop in the number of coronavirus cases reported in nursing homes and long-term care facilities last week, the numbers this week appear to have held steady across the Mahoning Valley.
Continuing Healthcare at the Ridge did not see a change after seeing a steep drop in cases last week.
Overall in Trumbull County, five patient cases were reported by the Ohio Department of Health at the Windsor House at Liberty Health Care Center.
In Mahoning County nursing homes and assisted-living facilities, 24 total cases were reported — 14 patients and 10 employees — a decrease from 39 reported cases of the virus last week.
Across the state, patient cases in the facilities were 740, a decrease from 968 last week.
Staff cases were at 435 this week, compared to 551 last week.
Mahoning County reported an increase of three to 172 nursing home deaths from coronavirus.
Trumbull saw an increase of four over the last week, now reporting 59 deaths at the facilities, and Columbiana has the same for another week at 32.
Franklin County has the most reported virus deaths at nursing homes with 352, while Lucas County is still at 191 and Cuyahoga at 234.
Trumbull Correctional Institution in Leavittsburg reported 11 inmates testing positive for the virus, the same as last week.
The Northeast Ohio Correctional Center on Hubbard Road in Youngstown reported 13 inmate cases, up from 12 last week.
No inmate died of the virus at either facility.
• Crandall Medical Center Copeland Oaks assisted living in Sebring – 0 patients and 1 staff / total of 8 patients and 11 staff.
• Crandall Medical Center Copeland Oaks nursing home in Sebring – 2 patients and 0 staff / total of 104 patients and 46 staff.
• Greenbriar nursing home in Boardman – 0 patients and 2 staff, total of 21 patients and 7 staff.
• Hampton Woods Nursing Center in Poland- 2 patients and 0 staff, total of 8 patients and 4 staff.
• Inn at Poland Way assisted living – 3 patients and 0 staff, total of 3 patients and 0 staff.
• Park Vista nursing home in Youngstown – 7 patients and 0 staff, total of 29 patients and 11 staff.
• St. Mary Alzheimer’s Center nursing home near Columbiana – 1 patient and 0 staff, total of 45 patients and 36 staff.
• Continuing Healthcare at the Ridge in Mineral Ridge – 0 patients and 0 staff, total of 27 patients and 16 staff.
• Auburn Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation nursing home in Salem – 4 patients and 0 staff, total of 4 patients and 0 staff.
Source: Ohio Department of Health