Couple indicted in child endangering after overdose
YOUNGSTOWN — Jerry M. and Ellen J. Fitzpatrick of Sebring were indicted this week on misdemeanor child endangering, possessing criminal tools and illegal cultivation of marijuana related to an Aug. 28 incident.
First responders were called to their home on Ohio Avenue at nearly midnight after Jerry Fitzpatrick’s mother called 911 saying Jerry, 40, was not breathing.
First responders administered the opiate reversal drug naloxone to Jerry and revived him. The couple’s child, 6, was home at the time, according to the police report
Police spoke with Ellen Fitzpatrick, 28, a few days later. She said she and her husband had been smoking marijuana that evening.
Jerry started making snoring noises, so she checked his breathing and tried to perform CPR but stopped because he was breathing, she said. She called Jerry’s parents and left for work, according to the report.
The following people also were indicted:
• Butler V. Johnson, 29, of Magnolia Avenue, 3 counts of rape, 2 counts of attempted rape, 8 counts of gross sexual imposition and single counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor and attempted unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.
• Zachary F. Cavalcante, 22, Woodland Avenue, Niles, two counts of aggravated drug possession.
• Daniel E. Williams, 25, Forest View Drive, two counts of aggravated drug possession and one count of failure to comply with the orders of a police officer.
• Ethan Dickey, 28, Mahoning County jail, domestic violence.
• Jonathan M. Trepp, 37, Parma, fentanyl related compound possession and aggravated drug possession.
• Shauntae M. Findley, 32, New York Avenue, two counts of assault and one count of obstructing official business.
• Khalealah N. Robinson, 41, Mona Lane, improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle and carrying a concealed weapon.
• Key’shon E. Childs, 21, • North Heights Avenue, failure to comply with the order of a police officer; assault; obstructing official business; and improper operation of a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle or all purpose vehicle.
• Daquan R. Lake, 21, West Florida Avenue, heroin possession with a specification of forfeiture of money in a drug case, aggravated drug possession with forfeiture of money in a drug case, cocaine possession with forfeiture of money in a drug case, and illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia with a specification of forfeiture of money in a drug case.
• Melvin L. Land, 26, East Dewey Avenue, Boardman, fentanyl related compound possession and operating a motor vehicle under the influence.
• Scott S. McCleary, 41, High Street Northwest, Warren, fentanyl related compound possession.
• Daniel J. Waggoner Jr., 33, Westover Drive Southeast, Warren, cocaine possession and possessing drug abuse instruments.
• Alexander Kisner, 21, Eagle Street, Greenville, Pa., two counts of aggravated drug possession.
• Joshua S. Young, 35, Samuel Street, improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.
• Monty A. Robinson, 27, Mahoning County jail, being a felon of possession of a firearm, improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle and cocaine possession.
• Melvin Blalock Jr., 25, West Evergreen Avenue, improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.
• Elias Gabler III, 35, Ansley Street, Alliance, illegal manufacture of drugs and two counts of illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs.
• Teresa N. Luddeni, 34, of the Ohio Reformatory for Women, Marysville, illegal manufacture of drugs and illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs.