UPDATED 12:30 p.m.: List of local closings, cancellations and postponements
This is an updated list of closures and scheduled events in the area that have been postponed due to coronavirus concerns. The newest information is at the top of the list. Check back on the Tribune Chronicle Facebook page and at www.tribtoday.com and www.vindy.com for more updates throughout the day.
* All branches of the Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County will be closed through April 3.
* All locations of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library are closed through April 5, or as long as the national state of emergency continues.
* All branches of the Geauga County Public Library will be closed through at least April 6.
* Portage County District Libraries are closed.
* All tours and programs at the McKinley Birthplace Home in Niles are canceled through April 4.
* McKinley Memorial Library temporarily has removed all toys from the children’s room; all computers are disabled to allow more space between patrons; and alcohol wipes are available for patrons to wipe surfaces before using computers. Visit mcklib.org for updates.
* The Kinsman Free Public Library has canceled library programming and events through April 3. The library remains open during normal operating hours.
* Mercy Health-Youngstown put visitor restrictions into effect. All visitors refrain from visiting any patients in St. Elizabeth Boardman, St. Elizabeth Youngstown and St. Joseph Warren hospitals, and in Mercy Health’s long-term care sites, which include Humility House, The Assumption Village and Marian Assisted Living Center. Exceptions will be considered based on specific needs and circumstances such as end-of-life, mother / baby and pediatric patients.
* Steward Health Care, which operates Trumbull Regional Medical Center and several other facilities in Trumbull and Mahoning counties, will not permit children 12 and younger not seeking medical treatment to visit any Steward Hospitals location until further notice.
GOVERNMENT OFFICES / MEETINGS
* The Hubbard Park Board meeting scheduled for Thursday has been postponed.
* The regular meeting of the Howland Township Zoning Commission scheduled for today has been canceled.
* The regular meeting of the Governing Board of the Mahoning County Educational Service Center for Thursday has been canceled.
* The Joseph Badger Board of Education meeting scheduled for today has been canceled.
* The Trumbull County Transit Board canceled its 3 p.m. Thursday meeting. The next regular meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m. April 16, though it may be subject to further announcement.
* Youngstown Mayor Jamael Tito Brown has postponed his March 25 State of the City address.
* Warren police Chief Eric Merkel said the department’ record office at 141 South St. SE will be closed until further notice. Those filing a police report should contact the Trumbull County 911 dispatch’s non-emergency number at 330-394-2521 and a Warren police officer will return the phone call. Those needing a copy of a police report should call 330-841-2574 and a copy will be emailed out. Those needing a tow release must travel down the police ramp at the rear of the Municipal Building at 141 South St. SE, and use the red phone in the rear basement lobby to request an officer. Those picking up confiscated property should contact Detective Crites at 330-841-2725 to make an appointment.
* Warren Municipal Court, 141 South St. SE., has limited its hearings to defendants and victims only. Also admitted will be those making payments or filing charges. Those dealing with probation matters are to call 330-841-2525.
* Youngstown Air Reserve Station is limiting access to assigned personnel only. Also, the Department of the Air Force is suspending all community engagement events until further notice. Individuals needing Department of Defense / Military Identification Card assistance must call 330-609-1095 to obtain more information about current customer service capabilities.
* The Mahoning County Treasurer’s Office and the Mahoning County LandBank are closed to the public until further notice. Staff will be at the offices performing all functions except those involving personal contact. Inquiries should be directed to treasurer’s office, 330-740-2460, or the LandBank, 330-259-1040.
* Struthers Municipal Court will remain open but operating under an emergency plan, restricting access to people with cases on the daily docket and those with official business. Individuals who need to make payment to the clerk are encouraged to pay online or by mailing. There will be a 30-day moratorium on new civil filings. Those who receive a felony summons should report to court as usual. Probationers who are scheduled to report should contact their probation officer before reporting in-person.
* All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service. Some services are available at www.socialsecurity.gov and over the phone.
* Liberty Township administration buildings are closed to visitors unless there is an emergency.
* Vienna Township administration buildings are closed to visitors unless there is an emergency.
* All Mahoning and Columbiana Training Association offices and Mahoning and Columbiana Counties’ OhioMeansJobs (One-Stop) centers, including the Oakhill Satellite, are closed to the public through April 5.
* In-person business at the Youngstown Metropolitan Housing Authority will be conducted by appointment only, and any other business should be handled over the phone, in email or by mail. Contact the human resource department at 330-744-2161, Ext. 204, for more information.
* The Trumbull County Land Bank has canceled its meetings until further notice.
* The Boardman Township Government Center, 8299 Market St., and all township buildings are closed to the public. Police, fire and road services will continue as normal. Visit www.boardmantwp.com for more information.
* Newton Falls Village Council is prohibiting the public from attending meetings. Meetings on the first and third Mondays of each month will be broadcast live on Spectrum Channel 1023, YouTube or Facebook.
* Warren City Council meetings will be closed to the public. News media will be permitted to record action.
* Online utility payments are accepted through the Niles City website and payment in the form of check / money order is available in the drop box at the side of city hall on Franklin Alley.
* Niles Municipal Court has check-in kiosks that can be accessed in the court lobby and online court payments are accepted through the Niles Municipal Court website.
* Hubbard city closed public access to utility billing office windows, and the tax office will not handle in-person filing. Checks or money orders — not cash — for utilities may be placed in the drop box at the front entrance of the City Municipal Building. Tax returns can be mailed or placed in the utility drop.
* Brookfield Township Park, 7291 Stewart Sharon Road, and the banquet hall at the main fire department, 774 state Route 7 NE, are closed until further notice. Anyone who has reservations at the banquet hall will be contacted to discuss the options. For more information, call township trustees at 330-448-4500.
* Bazetta Township is temporarily closing the township park until further notice and have canceled the Easter Egg hunt on April 4. The park closure includes Imagination Station, the ball fields and all pavilions.
BUSINESSES / COMMUNITY EVENTS
* Bill Nye the Science Guy’s appearance at Youngstown State University today is canceled, and no reschedule date is listed.
* The Struthers High School Class of 1956 breakfast scheduled for April 4 is canceled. Classmates will meet at 10 a.m. at T.J.’s in the Holiday Inn on South Avenue on May 2.
* Youngstown State University’s spring commencement scheduled for May 9 has been postponed. Degrees will still be conferred on May 9 and diplomas mailed to graduates.
* Fine Arts Council of Trumbull County is postponing its Earth Day Celebration Art Show, scheduled to open April 4 at Art on Park, with hopes to reschedule at a later date.
* Trumbull Art Gallery, Warren, is closed, with tentative plans to reopen April 7.
* The Hubbard Senior Center and City Hall buildings are closed to the public.
* The Wilmington (Pa.) Township Civic League’s Quilt Show for March 28 has been canceled.
* The Youngstown Old Timers Baseball Association meeting for April 9 has been canceled.
* Whispering Pines District, Great Trail Council-Boy Scouts of America’s 15th annual Celebration of Scouting breakfast set for April 21 has been postponed.
* Monthly meetings of St. Joseph Warren Hospital Retirees on the last Monday of the month have been suspended.
* The National Packard Museum, Warren, is closed until April 7 or until officials indicate it is safe to reopen. All programs and events scheduled at the Museum for the months of March and April are postponed.
* The William Holmes McGuffey Historical Society lecture on March 28 at the Kravitz Deli Meeting Room, Liberty, has been canceled.
* The Howland Rotary Community Recognition Dinner that was scheduled to take place Saturday has been postponed.
* The Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church Friday Fish Fry at 54 Laird Ave. in Youngstown has been suspended until further notice.
* TNR of Warren is postponing its March 28 Elvis Dinner Show Fundraiser until August. More information will be provided at a later date.
* The Rotary Club of Howland has postponed its spaghetti dinner that was scheduled for Saturday at Howland High School. A new date for the dinner has yet to be set.
* The United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley closed all Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program sites.
* AARP-TAX-Aide has suspended free tax preparation services at its eight Trumbull County locations.
* Stambaugh Chorus is suspending rehearsals through the end of March.
* Lit Youngstown has canceled its First Wednesday reading event on April 1 at the Soap Gallery.
* St. Joe’s at the Mall has suspended all exercise classes, gym, educational classes and health screenings. The lobby remains open to provide information and resources during coronavirus emergency.
* The Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, will not accept donations of clothing until further notice. The clothing room will be sanitized and closed. The mission continues to accept donations of food, money and Easter basket good at the front door, but not inside the mission.
* American Cancer Society’s Cattle Baron’s Ball, held at The Lake Club in Poland, is being rescheduled from April 4 to June 5.
* The Medici Museum of Art is canceling its opening events on March 21 and 22 for “The Rockwell American Scouting Art Collection,” and the museum will remain closed through the duration of the government restrictions.
* All SCOPE senior centers have suspended socialization and recreational activities. SCOPE’s grocery delivery truck, hot lunch and frozen meals carry-out programs and home deliveries will continue. Other individual supportive service programs will continue. Call 330-399-8846 for more details.
* The Liberty Fire Department’s annual pancake and sausage breakfast scheduled for April 5 has been postponed.
* Southington American Legion Post 751 canceled its March 22 pancake breakfast.
* The Aut Mori Grotto of Mahoning County canceled its March 28 pancake breakfast.
* Whiskey Pilot and Drifting Thing event canceled at Noble Creature Cask House.
* Lit Youngstown is rescheduling the Whitman and Brass event. Hold onto your ticket, or for ticket refunds, contact LitYoungstown@gmail.com.
* Animal Welfare League’s 36th annual Fashions for Compassion event is rescheduled to 2 p.m. May 17.
* The Railroad Retirees meeting scheduled for March 26 has been canceled.
* The Arms Family Museum and the Tyler History Center, both in Youngstown, will be closed until April 3.
* The Butler Institute of American Art, Youngstown, will be closed through March 31.
* The Sutliff Museum, Warren, canceled the March 21 and April 4 lectures in its “Nurturing Pathways to Freedom” lecture series.
* The Youngstown Saxon Club canceled its pork dinner on March 22 and the goulash dinner on March 28.
* The Trumbull County Women’s History Committee postponed the 34th annual Women’s History Celebration. Ticketholders should keep tickets.
* The Jewish Community Center of Youngstown is closed to the public. Anticipated reopening is April 1.
* All Giant Eagle stores will operate under the same hours, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. All GetGo gas stations attached to stores will mirror those hours, while standalone GetGo locations will continue to operate under their previously established hours. Giant Eagle curbside pickup will be available from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days per week.
* National Active and Retired Federal Employees Chapter 2122 meeting on March 17 has been canceled.
* The Community Concerned Citizens II annual chili cook-off March 21 at the Quinby Shelter in Warren is postponed until further notice.
* Howland Township Board of Trustees rescheduled its April 8 meeting to April 22. The 6 p.m. meeting remains at the Township Administration building.
* Mill Creek MetroParks canceled all previously scheduled programs, events, lectures and facility rentals through at least April 5. The following indoor locations also will be closed: MetroParks Farm Education Building and Animal Barns, D.D. and Velma Davis Education and Visitors Center, Yellow Creek Lodge, Lanterman’s Mill, Wick Warming House and all pavilions, cabins and reservable shelters.
* The Mahoning Valley Audobon Society canceled its program “Birding in Cuba” by Ethan Kistler, originally set for March 24. The event may be rescheduled.
* Niles Community Clean Up Day, set for April 25, is postponed to a later date.
* The Antique Tractor Club of Trumbull County has canceled its March 24 meeting. The next meeting will be April 28.
* OH WOW! The Roger and Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science and Technology, Youngstown, is closed until further notice.
* The 14th annual Inspiring Minds Gala scheduled March 21 has been postponed until further notice. Any questions should be directed to 330-469-6729 or info@InspiringMindsYouth.org.
* The Summit’s 330 Day Concert at Stambaugh Auditorium, Youngstown, on March 30 has been postponed indefinitely.
* All Youngstown citywide special events are canceled until further notice.
* The Austintown Senior Center is closed until further notice.
* Yellow Brick Place, 2959 Canfield Road, Suites 3 and 10, Youngstown, will be closed through the remainder of March.
* Public Employee Retirees, Mahoning County Chapter 18 is canceling the April 7 luncheon at Avion Banquet Center. The next regular luncheon meeting is scheduled for June 2.
* The Warren Civic Music concert — Divas3 scheduled for March 26 at the Packard Music Hall, has been canceled. It will be announced when the Divas3 concert is rescheduled. Current tickets will be honored.
* The Sacred Commons Church of Youngstown has canceled services for March. Sundays services will be livestreamed at 11 a.m.