Engineer plans for bridge, road work
WARREN — Trumbull County commissioners this week signed off on two infrastructure projects planned by the Trumbull County Engineer’s Office.
An Ohio Public Works Commission grant of almost $225,000 will help the 2022 bridge rehabilitation program, with an estimated project cost of almost $577,000. The project will include the rehabilitation of three county-maintained bridges: Kibler Toot Road in Warren Township; Hayes Orangeville Road in Orangeville and Brockway Sharon Road in Brookfield.
According to assistant Engineer Gary Shaffer, workers are scheduled to replace steel beams and corrugated metal decking to all three structures as well as other miscellaneous repairs.
The Kibler Toot Road 42-foot truss bridge constructed in 1952 is posted for a reduced legal weight limit. The Orangeville structure, a 32-foot long steel beam bridge constructed in 1964, currently is posted for a 5-ton legal weight limit. The Brookfield bridge, a 390-foot steel beam structure built in 1964, also will see repairs to the rear abutment and footer to repair damages, Shaffer said.
Commissioners also signed off on a nearly $1.5 million road improvement program for 2022. The project will be boosted by a $799,311 Ohio Public Works Commission grant and some $683,641 in local matches.
The road work is scheduled for:
• Ohltown McDonald Road in Weathersfield, beginning at Clearfield Drive and proceeding eastbound to McDonald Avenue;
• Colonial Drive in Liberty beginning at Fifth Avenue and going east to Logan Way;
• South Leavitt Road in Warren Township. The project begins at Risher Road and proceeds north to West Market Street;
• Warren Meadville Road in Bazetta, beginning at the state Route 305 intersection proceeding north to state Route 46;
• Risher Road in Warren Township, beginning at South Leavitt Road eastbound to the dog leg of South Leavitt.
• Stewart Sharon Road in Brookfield beginning at state Route 7 and proceeding east to Idelwild West Road (Broadway Avenue).
No timetable was given on when work for both projects will begin.