Downed wires blamed in fire
3 storage units at Henricks Road site damaged
AUSTINTOWN — A warehouse was in flames Wednesday afternoon after a tractor-trailer making a delivery accidentally pulled down live wires, Austintown fire Chief Andy Frost said.
Firefighters were called to a building on Henricks Road, owned by Youngstown-based Vinylume Products Inc., around 12:30 p.m.
Downed wires set fire to three roughly 6,000-square-foot storage units filled with manufacturing material and products, including metal shelving units. The storage units were rented to another business, according to reports.
“They just lit up,” Frost said.
Frost said firefighters could see the smoke from the fire station on state Route 46. Firefighters had the blaze under control but remained on the scene throughout the afternoon.
Youngstown and Canfield fire departments helped extinguish the fire.
No one was hurt, and Frost said he does not expect any charges to be filed.