Thur. 10:10 a.m.: Southern Park Mall celebrates Community Day, DeBartolo Commons
BOARDMAN - DeBartolo Commons at Southern Park Mall will kick off its grand opening from noon to 8 p.m. Oct. 23 with a “Community Day.”
Guests are invited to enjoy free, socially distanced outdoor activities for the family including live music, princess and superhero appearances, a petting zoo and pony rides, yard games, inflatables, food trucks and more.
“Our third annual Community Day is even more special as we celebrate the grand opening of DeBartolo Commons,” said Brian Gabbert, general manager at Southern Park Mall. “The community has been eagerly awaiting this athletic and entertainment green space and event venue for over two years, and we are thrilled to welcome our guests to explore all that DeBartolo Commons has to offer.”
Community Day will kick off at noon with a performance by the Boardman High School Marching Band. Guests can also check out:
• Bounce houses and yard games, Boardman Police and Fire department meet and greets and touch-a-truck, rock wall climbing, a selfie station provided by The Selfie Space and Shelby’s Sugar Shop and Youngstown Clothing Co. pop-up shops
• Stilt walkers and bubble artists and complimentary train rides provided by All Smiles Aboard! from noon to 5 p.m.
• Pony rides and a petting zoo, face painting and strolling princesses and superheroes from noon to 4 p.m.
• Pumpkin painting led by Southern Park Mall’s The Art Cafe beginning at 1 p.m. for the first 100 children.
• Caricature artist from 2 to 6 p.m.
• The Syndicate will take the stage from 4:30 to 6 p.m. and 80s Proof will conclude the evening performing from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Throughout the day, food and beverages will be available for purchase from a variety of favorite local food trucks, including De Chellis Concessions, Le Macaron, Molnar’s Concessions, OH Donut, Ye Olde Kettle Corn and more.
The beer garden opens at 4:30 p.m. and guests ages 21 and over can choose from a variety of beers, wine and seltzers to purchase. All proceeds from the sale of alcohol will benefit The Sojourner House Domestic Violence Program. To further support The Sojourner House mission, guests are encouraged to bring a toiletry item or cleaning product to donate.
Through events such as Community Day, Southern Park Mall continues a commitment to giving back to the Valley and the people it serves, organizers said.
The mall is asking all guests to conduct themselves in a safe and respectful way in accordance with all federal, state, and local regulations, recommendations and mandates, as well as each individual retailers’ policies.
About Southern Park Mall
Southern Park Mall is is home to more than 120 national and local retail, dining and entertainment options, as well as numerous events and activities throughout the year.