Breaking Bread organizing monthlong food drive
AVENGE HUNGER MONTH: Breaking Bread will hold the third annual Avenge Hunger Month Monday through Oct. 4 to help food pantries in local communities. In 2019, the event collected 41,616 pounds of food and $12,264 in donations. Near 200 community feeding prograns received resources through the efforts. For information, visit grho firstname.lastname@example.org
The Avenge Hunger virtual 5K will be held Tuesday to Sept. 30 with run, walk, bike or treadmill at your own pace. Sign up at ArmstrongOneWire.com/Breaking Bread. Registration deadline through Sept. 23. All participants will receive a finishing medal.
ACTION WILL PRESENT: Faith leaders and clergy will gather for a program on “Race, Social Change and Music in America” 9:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesday via Zoom. Special guest will be Dr Jim Baber, ACTION president; Bishop Shawn Tyson, Mount Calvary Pentacostal Church; Jonathan Blackshire, musician; and April Alexander, Heart Reach Ministries.
Email email@example.com for the link.
VETERAN SERVICES: Mahoning County Veterans Services Commission is offering free services to veterans such as utility assistance, van transportation to VA, medical appointments, burial benefits and other information. Call 330-740-2450. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday at 345 Oak Hill Ave., Suite 100, Youngstown.
PORTRAIT SESSIONS: The Autism Society of the Mahoning Valley will hold the annual family portraits sessions for families with children with disabilities. The scheduled sessions will be 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 19 at the Kinsman House, 303 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. Participants will have the choice of an indoor or outdoor setting, depending on the weather. Register online at AutismMV.org or call 330-333-9609.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Outspokin’ Wheelmen Bicycle Club — bicycle rides daily. Check out outspokinwheelmen.com for information.
• Gamblers Anonymous — 7:30 p.m., Christ Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Youngstown.
• Nar-anon, support program for families and friends of those addicted to drugs — 7 p.m. at the Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. Call Bill at 330-856-3822.