SEEING EYE: Church plans food distribution Saturday
DRIVE-THRU PANTRY: New Life Church, 2250 E. Western Reserve Road, will conduct a drive-thru food pantry 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday for those in need of assistance.
Anyone attending the drive-thru should have the vehicle trunk or rear hatch empty for volunteers to place the food. People are asked to have identification cards. No more than two families per vehicle.
People are asked to remain inside their vehicle and follow COVID-19 safety protocols.
JCC OFFERS ALL-DAY CARE: Beginning Aug. 24, the Jewish Community Center of Youngstown will offer childcare from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. for students who are learning virtually for all or part of the school week. Students enrolled in All Day Care will be provided with a morning and afternoon snack and basic school supplies, and will have opportunities to participate in activities and programming throughout the day.
For information about enrolling, visit jccyoungstown.org.
Individuals with a love for teaching are encouraged to apply to be School Age Care Teachers. Candidates must be a high school graduate, preferably pursuing a degree in education or a related field, and must have the desire and attitude to work with children in a small group setting in both indoor and outdoor environments. Full- and part-time positions are available.
Visit jccyoungstown.org for a detailed description and to apply.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Nar-anon, support group for families of addiction, 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, Warren. Call Bill at 330-856-3822.
• Kiwanis Club of Youngstown — noon, Downtown YMCA, 17 Champion Street.
• National Association for Anorexia Nervosa and other Associated Eating Disorders (ANAD) — 9 a.m., Notre Dame Church, 2325 Highland Road, Hermitage, Pa. 724-981-5435 or anad.org.
• Boardman Historical Society — 10 a.m., Boardman Library, for a lecture on some aspect of local history. Visitors, new members and guests are always welcome.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email email@example.com; or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.