Virtual tourism in Israel event set
The Seeing Eye
TASTE OF ISRAEL SHARED SOCIETY: Jewish Community Center of Youngstown, the Inter-Agency Task Force, and Shared Paths will hold a virtual lunch and learn, “Tourism in Israel: A Taste of Israel’s Shared Society,” from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday.
While Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel live in close geographic proximity, and more Arab citizens have been integrating into higher education and the advanced workforce, most still have few opportunities to get to know one another. Arab citizens, 20 percent of the population, live predominantly in all-Arab towns and villages and travel to major centers for work and daily life. In recent years, more organizations have worked to create opportunities for Israelis to learn about their Arab neighbors by creating educational encounters as a domestic tourism opportunity.
In this event, participants will learn about the growth of these tours and hear an Arab guide share her story as it relates to her home town of Ramle and informs her vision for a more shared and cohesive society.
Join the zoom event at https://jewishyoungstown.zoom.us/j/96134707274 or visit jccyoungstown.org.
TIRE COLLECTION IN HUBBARD: A scrap tire collection will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Hubbard Township road department parking lot, 2600 Elmwood Drive.
The collection is for Hubbard city and Hubbard Township residents only.
FOOD DISTRIBUTION: Second Harvest Food Bank will hold food distribution starting 9 a.m. Saturday at the old Liberty High School off Churchill Hubbard Road. Those needing food are asked to remain in their cars.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
•Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Nar-anon, support group for families of addiction, 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, Warren. Call Bill at 330-856-3822.
• Kiwanis Club of Youngstown — noon, Downtown YMCA, 17 Champion St.
• National Association for Anorexia Nervosa and other Associated Eating Disorders (ANAD) — 9 a.m., Notre Dame Church, 2325 Highland Road, Hermitage, Pa. 724-981-5435 or anad.org.
• Boardman Historical Society — 10 a.m., Boardman Library for a lecture on some aspect of local history. Visitors, new members, and guests are always welcome.