Seeing Eye: Discussing LGBTQIA in Youngstown
FOCUS ON LBGQTIA: The Dorothy Day House, 620 Belmont Ave., Youngstown, will host its monthly roundtable 7 p.m. Thursday with a focus on the LGBTQIA and PFLAG community. Presenters from the groups are welcome to attend.
For information, call 330-301-8698.
FALL PREVENTION: Physical therapists at TuDor Physical Therapy are raising awareness of fall-risk factors this winter season and will host a fall-prevention seminar 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Jan. 31 at Austintown Senior Center, 112 Westchester Drive. The event is free.
Physical therapists will perform one-on-one fall-risk assessments and will demonstrate exercises to help with balance and strength to prevent falls. There will be informational handouts.
For information, contact TuDor at 330-953-0129 or the center at 330-953-1416.
• Evening Connections support group — 6 to 7 p.m., Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-727-9268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mended Hearts Support Group — 7 p.m., Finnegan Auditorium, St. Elizabeth Health Center. 330-793-2531.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.