Cafaro featured in deli discussion
AUTHOR PRESENTATION: Local author and historian Tom Welsh will present a program based upon his William Cafaro manuscript 10 a.m. Saturday at Kravitz’s Deli meeting room, 3135 Belmont Ave., Liberty, for the William Holmes McGuffey Historical Society.
Member admission is $5. Nonmember admission is $6. Refreshments will be served and a 50 / 50 raffle will be held to benefit the society’s education mission. Reservations are suggested. Walk-ins admitted, based upon seat availability.
To make reservations or for more information call 330-726-8277.
GROUP TO MEET: The Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance of Youngstown and Vicinity will meet 11 a.m. today at New Bethel Baptist Church, 1507 Hillman Ave., Youngstown. There will be discussion on a survey by George Freeman, chairman of the NAACP Youngstown Branch, who is working to alter or reverse academic expectations goals for black and white students.
JAIL TRAINING: The League of Women Voters of Greater Youngstown will hold a jail voting volunteerism training 1:30 to 4 p.m. Friday at the YWCA of Youngstown, 25 W. Rayen Ave. Participants will learn how to eliminate barriers for citizens who are incarcerated or returning.
REVERSE RAFFLE: A reverse raffle hosted by Splash Pad Group will be Jan. 25 at the Morgan Hose Fire Department, 3033 E. Water St., Rock Creek. Doors open with a Chinese auction at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. dinner and 7 p.m. raffle. Tickets are $25 and can be bought at valleygrowth. com. Call 440-417-5925 for more information.
• Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Ohio Free and Accepted Masons, Covenant Lodge 59 — 7 p.m., 336 W. Wood St., Youngstown. Call 330-759-7274.
• TOPS Ohio 327 (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) — 5 p.m. weigh-in, 5:45 p.m. meeting, Christ Church Presbyterian, 1933 Canfield Road, Youngstown. Call 330-509-3002.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — 5:30 p.m. weigh-in, 6:30 p.m. meeting, First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. Call 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Ostomy Support Group — 6 to 7 p.m., Salem Regional Medical Center’s private dining room. Preregistration requested. Call 330-332-7607.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; email society@tribto day.com; mail or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.