Poland

$395000

Poland

Residential
4 bedroom, 7 bath
$949900

« Your Newspaper

We'd like to show you Bob Dylan, but ...

By Todd Franko (Contact)

Published August 28, 2012

Untitled document

Dylan played a show in town Tuesday night.

We hear it was good, with an almost sold out crowd of 5,000 people.

We'd like to have showed you the scene, but Bob's managers said no to us.

So instead of quality images from a trusted media to report on the show, you can instead watch the thousands of cell phone images from the 5,000 people who can't be controlled by Bob's managers.

Love the logic. Bob's first music came out in the 60s. His managers still think media works the way it did then.

Comments

1badeepster(111 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

Almost sold out?? There were hundreds of empty seats. I was there......it's two hours of my life I'll never get back. Dylan sounded like Kermit the frog with strep throat.

2peggygurney(392 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

badeepster, I'm pretty sure Todd was being sarcastic.
"... an almost sold out crowd of 5,000". Yep.

3badeepster(111 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

Peggy---are you sure Todd is clever enough to be sarcastic???

4Bette(1 comment)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

If people had taken the time to read previous review of Bob's show they would have known he has re-vamped some of his music, the concert was great, I have been a Dylan fan , good times and bad..bottom line is Bob Dylan makes outstanding music, if you take the pleasure of truly listening. Only standing room and fans stood with admiration of this 71yr old MUSIC LEGEND!!!!

5Silence_Dogood(1330 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

Bette, you are right he is a 71 year old "MUSIC LEGEND", and I have all the respect in the world for the Man and his music. But with that said, it was by far the worst concert that I have been to.

6hellothere(9 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

Bob's piano playing against the wall of sound was mind expanding, truely outstanding, His voice cut like a chainsaw, chopping down the music until it hit with a thud inside your brain, Thanks Bob.

7bcook(1 comment)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

If you went to hear Bobs voice, the first time I heard him in 1962 I thought it wasn't that great, and at the age of 71 I wouldn't expect it to be better. Its what he was saying that we all heard. As for his music last night, I thought it was great. A bit of a jazz, swing style made it enjoyable. If I would have wanted to hear it the same as it has been played for 40 some years...I could have stayed at home. I don't think he really cares if sell he sells out a crowd, he's made his money. And I don't get the "no photo" rule either. I guess you can google about a million of them anyway...

8hurrdurr(98 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

Buy a ticket near the front from a scalper. Give it to the photographer. Take a smaller, pocket-sized camera inside. Shoot away.

If the stage is lit well, a skilled photographer should have no trouble producing a usable photo. If the person can write, they might be able to produce a review too.

I know this requires an investment of a little bit of cash, but c'mon...this is isn't rocket science.