corner peel

New Waterford

3 bedroom, 3 bath

7 bedroom, 6 bath

4 bedroom, 5 bath

« Your Newspaper

I admit it: I watch "Jon & Kate"

By Todd Franko (Contact)

Published June 23, 2009

I have nothing more to add to the media mix except that admission.

I'm perhaps hoping that such an admission will cleanse my soul of whatever illicit contribution mine and my wife’s viewing of the show had on Jon and Kate’s marriage.

I remember watching the 1999 movie “Edtv” by Ron Howard and thinking: “A reality show could never destroy someone’s life.”

Sorry, Ron ... And Jon ... And Kate.

1Education_Voter(1014 comments)posted 6 years, 5 months ago

It's like being unable to take your eyes off a disaster scene. If you have been through a break up, it is all so painfully familiar.

It was very, very sad in a way that made me consider my own life. But at the same time, I had the feeling they should pull the blinds down.

2Tugboat(759 comments)posted 6 years, 5 months ago

Television....the modern day Roman coliseum.

3OldFashionedMama(77 comments)posted 6 years, 5 months ago

They threw their entire family away for money. Those people are so disgusting....I have nothing more to say.... Can't wait for the tell-all when their kids grow up.

4Westsider(253 comments)posted 6 years, 5 months ago

This should come as no surprise. Does anyone remember the PBS show in the 70s - "An American Family?" It was a pre-cursor to reality television shows and featured the Loud family. By the end of the series - this couple, who had been married quite a while and had a large family of children, decided to divorce. Times change - people don't.

5Woody(474 comments)posted 6 years, 5 months ago

Title Suggestions for the new show:

Kate Plus 8, Jon on a Date

Kate plus 4, Jon plus 4

If Kate decides to go out with someone named Nathanial:
Jon and Kate plus Nate plus 8

6Education_Voter(1014 comments)posted 6 years, 5 months ago

The Dionne Quints grew up to be maladjusted people who hated the way they were displayed and publicized by the Canadian government. They are a topic in psychology texts.

We don't seem to have learned a thing. TLC needs to turn off the cameras.

I realize that then the parents would need another income to continue their new lifestyles. So I suggest Kate head a cast of "Berks County Housewives", leaving the kids out of the episodes.

© 2015 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.