facebooktwitterRSS
- Advertisement -
  • Most Commentedmost commented up
  • Most Emailedmost emailed up
  • Popularmost popular up

Poland


Residential
4 bedroom, 7 bath
$949900


Poland


Residential
5 bedroom, 6 bath
$395000


- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
 

« Your Newspaper

Now playing in The Vindicator: "The Undecideds"

By Todd Franko (Contact)


Published October 10, 2008

If you check out Friday's edition of The Vindicator, you'll be greeted by five people we hope you see a lot of in October.

The Undecideds.

This is indeed a special election. What the last two presidential elections have shown is that the election will not be decided by the masses.

The election will be decided by the few — namely the independents and the undecideds.

Awhile back, a New York Times poll put Ohio as one of the key up-for-grab states. And in being up for grabs, the poll identified the race as an even split among 87 percent of the state — leaving just 13 percent of Ohioans as the ones who will decide which way Ohio goes.

Pretty cool breakdown.

Among those 13 percent are our 5 Undecideds: Brandi Williams, Mary Lou Hoon, Larry Tropepe, Bill Sutherin and Greg Mook.

With this project, we hope to provide the community a special experience in the final weeks of this historic election.

Through the “Undecided” project, we are turning to these 5 people to allow readers inside their heads and hearts as they make their way to the November election.

We met this week at Youngstown Sports Grille, and the first session exceeded expectations.

When you hear them talk about the life experiences they will bring to this vote, they are more than just the 13 percent of Ohioans — they are Ohioans.

Larry just lost his banking job.

Mary Lou's brother died a few years back, in part, she says, because he had to choose between putting food on the table or buying medication.

Brandi would like a second job to make ends meet.

And that was just Week 1.

In the coming weeks, we will explore more these issues and more.

In addition to the stories, we will feature online some video highlights from the sessions, as well as a blog the five will generate.

The concept has even earned the interest of British and Australian broadcasters, who will join us in the coming weeks.

Welcome to The Undecideds ...

 

 

 

 


Comments

1paulrooah(7 comments)posted 5 years, 10 months ago

To the Undecided:

A thought for the undecided voters in Ohio and elsewhere who might ready Vindy.com (please share the link):

The Democratic candidates cannot take away our guns. And the Republican candidates have been unable to stop abortions through legislation. Please don't cast your votes on the basis of who shouts loudest about "Pro Life" and "Pro Guns." Neither group can outlaw abortion. Neither group can outlaw guns.

Looking for a candidate that is family friendly? Consider that "Family values" means a lot more than advocating the use of law to prevent abortions. Candidates who spout "family values" should not have voted in favor of laws that benefit corporations and the rich at the expense of common citizens (think bankruptcy reform). Family values candidates should be helping Americans work together to solve the health care crisis (instead of letting the insurance industry lobby divide us). Family values candidates should not allow economic dogma to prevent the government from coming to the aid of families who can't move out of the way fast enough when "free market forces" create a tsunami of joblessness in our basic industries.

Family values means advocating policies that protect and nurture families instead of allowing economic predators and social predators to prey on families.

Finally, if you are still undecided:

Before you help determine the future of our country and our world, please go to your local library and spend at least fifteen minutes with Jim Wallis's best selling book "God's Politics."

Yours in Christ

Paul Rooah

Suggest removal:



News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© 2014 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes | Pittsburgh International Airport