Canfield

3 bedroom, 5 bath
$179900

« The NFL Life

Want a real NFL football signed by the Steelers? Click here

By Nick Eason (Contact)

Published August 7, 2008

Another hard long day on the gridiron Wednesday.

Once again we had two practices! And it's two days before a game.

You think my legs feel great. Hell no! My body is hurting. My right groin is bothering me a little bit. I will have to make sure that I wake up really early so that I can get some extra treatment. This morning's practice was a "young guy" emphasis, which means all first-year players took most of the snaps.

I'm so exhausted. For some reason, there were more people at practice than there has been during the past two weeks.

Wednesday we got our playbooks for the Eagles game. Keep in mind we receive a new playbook for every team we play. That's why I encourage high school and college athletes to be students of the game.

My position coach is really looking forward to see how well the rookies play on Friday. I'm very excited for those guys as well. They have been working really hard, and now it's time to see how much their hard work has paid off. Also it will be a reality check for some because the speed of the game is going to be a whole lot faster than it is at practice.

I need big pat on the back! I didn't eat bad tonight. I had a piece of wheat toast with peanut butter -- and 1 protein shake! And after I get done writing this, I'm going to do some sit-ups and push-ups.

Going into this game, my goal to play with good technique and make the plays that come to me. I want to be a factor on every play that I'm out there on the field.

I haven't really heard much from anyone out there? Is there anyone who is reading my blog have any questions for me?

The first person that can guess my favorite color will receive a autographed football by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Email me at nfllife@vindy.com.

The never-ending NFL football season is on it's way. I know we are going to have a great year. Our team is well conditioned and ready for battle.

Comments

1Jon(27 comments)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

Very interesting article Nick. As a big NFL football fan, it's very interesting to read a player's thoughts on his career. It's hard to find this kind of information. Please inform us of your football background (highschool, college, NFL teams you've played for). What college football and NFL team where you a fan of when you where younger? Thanks.

2SteelersGirl(4 comments)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

Thanks for the information, Nick.

I look forward to following your blog throughout the season.

This comment "Our team is well conditioned and ready for battle." makes it easy to speak highly of my Steelers here in Oakland, CA.

Good luck tomorrow.

3shasic(1 comment)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

How much to get me your signed football??? I would guess your favorite color is: green,red,blue,yellow, black, purple, orange,lavender, peach..come on did I get it???

HAHAHA!!!

The Boston Chic!!!

4CU3535(1 comment)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

NICK GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON.YOUR FAVORITE COLOR COULD BE ORANGEISH RED.ORANGE FOR YOUR TIGERS,RED FOR YOUR BULLDOGS.
THE TATTNALL COUNTY WARRIORS WILL BE PULLING FOR YOU.
COACH YAUGHN

5Alohalois(3 comments)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

First time I have read an article by you. You are an interesting writer. As a lifelong Steeler fan (enjoying a long life) I would hope your favorite color(s) would be black and gold........but if it is only one.....how about white....as in a blank page that you get to write on!

Go Steelers.

6Jon(27 comments)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

As a Cowboys and partial Browns fan.... am I legally allowed to comment on this post? LOL

7RacerX095(1 comment)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

I would guess Blue.

Go Steelers

8grkfire(52 comments)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

Hmmm, how about BROWN AND ORANGE?!?!
GO BROWNIES!!!!!!
WOOF WOOF!

9Alohalois(3 comments)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

Well, we won today! Yea Steelers!

10InthePitDawg(1 comment)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

Nick, This is the Mailman (Greg Hackle). If your favorite color is not red after playing in the PIT on Friday nights something is wrong with you LOL. Thanks to ToombsNow.com and Barney Bonfield for keeping us all informed on what going on with all Toombs County former athletes. I talked to your former Coach (Stroud) and he was kicked back on the beach in Daytona taking it easy before taking on a new challenge with Calvary Day School. I here Coach Hill closed down a few Buffets while he was in Daytona HeHe. Thanks for keeping us all informed back in Toombs Co.

11Alohalois(3 comments)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

So who wins the signed football? And how do I follow your articles?