Poland

$179900

Canfield

Residential
3 bedroom, 4 bath
$335000

« Stirfry

Cry of the angry white man

By Bertram de Souza (Contact)

Published November 6, 2012

Untitled document

The plaintive cry of the angry white man in America today:

When they won the right to vote, I said, "It doesn't matter, we're still in the majority."

When they started winning elections, I said, "We still control most of the important public offices."

When they got our college slots and our jobs, we filed lawsuits — with some success.

When they took our football quarterback positions, I said, "We still own the professional football teams."

When they donned the Green Jacket, I said, "There's only one of them."

But then, they won the presidency — and my world was turned upside down.

Next, they'll want to be on Mount Rushmore.

I'm mad as hell and want my country back.

Will the angry white man get his wish?

Comments

1MarioVermani(1 comment)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Pathetic!

2James_S(268 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."- Martin Luther King

I'm white and would have voted for Obama if he thought the same way I do.

I'm colorblind when it comes to sizing up any man.

Matthew 12:34  O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 15:11  Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Matthew 15:17  Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? 18  But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Matthew 21:16  And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

3walter_sobchak(1840 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

What vile racist rubbish! What you are saying is that if someone did not vote for Obama, it has to be because we can't accept a black man as president. Thus, the only reason that 94% of blacks voted for Obama is because of the color of his skin.

4olddude(196 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Islandmike is a pen name for Bert.. Thats all I can come up with..Suppose thats why better career opportunities have never come his way...

5JS(578 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

I guess no one told Bert that Obama is half white.

6chuck_carney(499 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Before the Vindy publishes such opinions, it should seriously consider the possible consequences. As economic conditions worsen, racial divison will surely follow. Adding Bertrum's divisive commentary into the mix will only foment racial strife and possible violence.

7gr8bnretired(20 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Sounds like Bert touched a nerve there.

8bumbob(127 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Looks like some of the usual Vindy commenters are having an aneurysm about De Souza's post. My take: stop freaking out.

What this piece does is mock the vile reactions many whites are having at the realization that the old way of doing things is slowly vanishing. This is a swipe at the people that questioned President Obama's birth certificate, that gave him no cooperation to get anything done, and that offered nothing in terms of respect for the President.

This column is raw and in your face. And I approve of it.

9jeepers(127 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

How do you know what is in an angry white man's mind? Did you interview someone? Who? What is the reason for this trash? What good could possibly come of it, oh you dont care-not your job I know. Glad this internet is free- dropped a 50 plus year old subscription to home two months ago. Nothing of any value anymore-many i talk to get the paper for the OBITUARIES. And that is the truth.

10gdog4766(1398 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Wow, I have to agree what a racist, one sided, rag of an article.

11chuck_carney(499 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Isn't Rachel Maddow white?

"But even more to the point, anyone who pays attentions to the "Rachel Maddow Show" knows the hostess does looks like a man. Just as anyone who pays attention knows that there are times when, given the right topic, Maddow can work herself into one of her ideological frenzies where she resembles an angry young man." Quote from Phillip Morris of cleveland P-D

12rumppy(107 comments)posted 1 year, 7 months ago

Rachel Maddow tells it like it is. She does not sugarcoat things. She is honest. By the way, alot of whitemen voted for the President!!!!!!!!!!! Smart ones, who do not believe in the Republican rederick. Lets take a look at history, along look at history. Where we were and where we are. First of all, if you remember, the indians were the ture people of this land, what happened to them? Mudered, land taken you all know the history. Than, slavery of minorities, who built the White House and the infurstructer of this country. My point is when things did not go his way, he took, killed, stole, murdered, incrasurated innocent people. Look at the police force in this country. Though we need police, it does not reflect America as it is today.
All white men who do not play fairly by the laws. Yes, I said it crooked police. Not all,l but many. How do I know? I saw, witnessed, I was one of them. We need to continue to grow as people, as a nation and understand that we all are created equal.

13JUSLIKEDIS(7 comments)posted 1 year, 7 months ago

What the writer of this article is saying appears to be that it aint cool to be a white man. He is defining cool so that it gains acceptance with the new political atmosphere of today.

14nanana(15 comments)posted 1 year, 7 months ago

This article is nothing more than the soundoff of a angry racially biased man.

15Newway(2 comments)posted 1 year, 7 months ago

Sounds like the angry man is
Bertram deSouza.

16Sparky(165 comments)posted 1 year, 7 months ago

Bert has always been a tool....vindy is the only rag paper to employ him...jerk

17kk80586(227 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

"By the way, alot of whitemen voted for the President!!!!!!!!!!! Smart ones, who do not believe in the Republican rederick."<---that's classic :)