Sorry, no featured properties currently.

« Stirfry

Cry of the angry white man

By Bertram de Souza (Contact)

Published November 6, 2012

Untitled document

The plaintive cry of the angry white man in America today:

When they won the right to vote, I said, "It doesn't matter, we're still in the majority."

When they started winning elections, I said, "We still control most of the important public offices."

When they got our college slots and our jobs, we filed lawsuits — with some success.

When they took our football quarterback positions, I said, "We still own the professional football teams."

When they donned the Green Jacket, I said, "There's only one of them."

But then, they won the presidency — and my world was turned upside down.

Next, they'll want to be on Mount Rushmore.

I'm mad as hell and want my country back.

Will the angry white man get his wish?

Comments

1andersonathan(671 comments)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

Now that is racist. And I hope that page costs you a job.

2MarioVermani(1 comment)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

Pathetic!

3James_S(268 comments)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."- Martin Luther King

I'm white and would have voted for Obama if he thought the same way I do.

I'm colorblind when it comes to sizing up any man.

Matthew 12:34  O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 15:11  Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Matthew 15:17  Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? 18  But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Matthew 21:16  And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

4walter_sobchak(1977 comments)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

What vile racist rubbish! What you are saying is that if someone did not vote for Obama, it has to be because we can't accept a black man as president. Thus, the only reason that 94% of blacks voted for Obama is because of the color of his skin.

5andersonathan(671 comments)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

Actually I can not say Obama is half white as of May of 08 that was construed as racist remark. i am also a racist since I live in a large Democratic area and would not support one. But to move on The Black vote usually is 89% and up democrat Obama raised the bar in % points and The Black voter turn out. And personally I have no problem with either of that. [Everyone should vote] and my sarcasm says [more than once] the Hispanic Vote is growing faster and most likely swing every presidential election from now on they are about 75% Democrat. And to back it up Dade County Florida [Miami]] is the standard carry Dade County= Carry Florida. To carry PA win Philadelphia, 60/40 in Pittsburgh and a split across the state in all cities, Erie, Harrisburg, etc. I could go on Ohio, Win Cleveland, Warren, Youngstown, Akron, Cincinnati split Columbus, Toledo, Canton. And a Republican can not catch you and Clve,Warren Y-town and Cincy are a given.

So has my vote ever counted where I have Lived? No, unless it is in a levy a [R] does not stand a chance in Summit, Mahoning, Trumbel, Counties unless it is a Judge or small local position.

Now what upsets me is when people go door to door sit down in your living room and kindly talk to you about voting absentee, helping you fill out the ballot explaining in their words candidates and issues, Another non-affiliated person asking if you know your eligible for free things, phones etc. and if you want you can fill the paper work out right there after you vote. Now i can not say if your ballet made to the place it belongs if it is filled out as a [R] ticket or why the number of absentee ballots has sky rocketed.

The young women vote all new rules there is abortion, birth control, wages. It is there choice, control is free and paid for and you should make more than a Man. And you win there vote

18-29 unless your Military or have a good job or silver spoon or live in rural America chances are you belong to the D's

Now the middle white vote both male and female.
Go through the list of Obama-Care exemptions if you are exempt you are a D, If your Government city county state paycheck chances are But need to refer the county you live in. Unions enough said take the day off to vote.

Add all these groups toss in the green people, LGBT and the other hopelessly lost people with a cause. and Obama could win a third term with 10% unemployment, 20 trillion in debt, 20 million on welfare and California floating in the Pacific. Thank God for term limits.

6andersonathan(671 comments)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

Angry White man I am not, smart enough to know this country is so screwed. that until there is total reform of our election process or a 2nd revolutionary war it is over as we know it or how I have known it.

reform is needed in 3 steps 1] if Ohio is a 53/47% win there electoral vote is split 53/47 my vote counts 2] spending limits PAC Special Interest Group advertising TV radio internet etc Abolished of course this would lead to massive layoffs and lost revenue and very anti capitalistic view point. [Wait anti capitalistic view point [D] But my ears eyes and the mailman would love me. 3] Voter ID nationwide toss the "early vote" mandatory pick up only absentee 1 per ID

No one will admit it the silent door to door ground game being financed by whom ever is stealing elections and the groups being targeted are not the Angry White Man [The Grassy Knoll]

7chuck_carney(499 comments)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

Before the Vindy publishes such opinions, it should seriously consider the possible consequences. As economic conditions worsen, racial divison will surely follow. Adding Bertrum's divisive commentary into the mix will only foment racial strife and possible violence.

8gr8bnretired(20 comments)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

Sounds like Bert touched a nerve there.

9bumbob(137 comments)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

Looks like some of the usual Vindy commenters are having an aneurysm about De Souza's post. My take: stop freaking out.

What this piece does is mock the vile reactions many whites are having at the realization that the old way of doing things is slowly vanishing. This is a swipe at the people that questioned President Obama's birth certificate, that gave him no cooperation to get anything done, and that offered nothing in terms of respect for the President.

This column is raw and in your face. And I approve of it.

10jeepers(127 comments)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

How do you know what is in an angry white man's mind? Did you interview someone? Who? What is the reason for this trash? What good could possibly come of it, oh you dont care-not your job I know. Glad this internet is free- dropped a 50 plus year old subscription to home two months ago. Nothing of any value anymore-many i talk to get the paper for the OBITUARIES. And that is the truth.

11chuck_carney(499 comments)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

Isn't Rachel Maddow white?

"But even more to the point, anyone who pays attentions to the "Rachel Maddow Show" knows the hostess does looks like a man. Just as anyone who pays attention knows that there are times when, given the right topic, Maddow can work herself into one of her ideological frenzies where she resembles an angry young man." Quote from Phillip Morris of cleveland P-D

12rocky14(726 comments)posted 2 years, 1 month ago

I voted for Obama.I am an angry white man.I'm angry because I still haven't got my gift for having vote for him.
Willard Romney said i should get a gift---still waiting.

13rumppy(111 comments)posted 2 years ago

Rachel Maddow tells it like it is. She does not sugarcoat things. She is honest. By the way, alot of whitemen voted for the President!!!!!!!!!!! Smart ones, who do not believe in the Republican rederick. Lets take a look at history, along look at history. Where we were and where we are. First of all, if you remember, the indians were the ture people of this land, what happened to them? Mudered, land taken you all know the history. Than, slavery of minorities, who built the White House and the infurstructer of this country. My point is when things did not go his way, he took, killed, stole, murdered, incrasurated innocent people. Look at the police force in this country. Though we need police, it does not reflect America as it is today.
All white men who do not play fairly by the laws. Yes, I said it crooked police. Not all,l but many. How do I know? I saw, witnessed, I was one of them. We need to continue to grow as people, as a nation and understand that we all are created equal.

14JUSLIKEDIS(7 comments)posted 2 years ago

What the writer of this article is saying appears to be that it aint cool to be a white man. He is defining cool so that it gains acceptance with the new political atmosphere of today.

15nanana(15 comments)posted 2 years ago

This article is nothing more than the soundoff of a angry racially biased man.

16Newway(2 comments)posted 2 years ago

Sounds like the angry man is
Bertram deSouza.

17jojuggie(1471 comments)posted 2 years ago

Oreilly has 3 million listeners at the 8 PM hour. I believe Maddow has 21.

Two books that Oreilly has co-published Killing Lincoln, & Killing Kennedy are No 1 & No 2 on the NYT best seller list. Killing Lincoln has been on for 62 weeks.

I'm not a follower of anything, on the NYT, but I can't conceive of anything, like this, happening before.

18kk80586(227 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

"By the way, alot of whitemen voted for the President!!!!!!!!!!! Smart ones, who do not believe in the Republican rederick."<---that's classic :)