Poland

$395000

Canfield

Residential
3 bedroom, 4 bath
$325000

« Stirfry

Another perceptive reader on the GOP

By Bertram de Souza (Contact)

Published April 3, 2011

Untitled document

Received the following e-mail after the Republican majority in the Ohio General Assembly passed the anti-collective bargaining bill, but before Republican Gov. John Kasich signed it into law:

“Let me state, that I am a retired agreement employee. But not one of the many who will be effected by SB5, which Kasich will sign into law. But my daughter-in-law, who is a teacher will be effected. This SB5 just didn't appear overnight. And Hagan was right with his speech to the body, that the [sole] purpose of the bill is to break unions. And it is amazing how fast it came about once the Republicans took control after the past November election. Which brings me to my point. Kasich was elected by a total vote difference of 77,133 votes. Those effected by SB5 total over 350,000. How many of those 350,000 cut their own throats by voting for Kasich? Simple math shows you they did it to themselves. Shame on those who did, for they did it to those who didn't as well.”

And, those union members who voted for Kasich were forewarned through his campaign speeches about his pro-business agenda. The anti-union bill is only the beginning.

Comments

1WilliamP(68 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Such grammar. Let's hope that the author was not a teacher.

2Stan(9923 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

At the trough standing on the backs of the taxpayers is good . Austerity is only for the little people and the elite in government are exempt .

Show your support and get one today !

3JME(801 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

"And, those union members who voted for Kasich were forewarned through his campaign speeches about his pro-business agenda.

Don't you need businesses to create the jobs?

4Askmeificare(700 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Voters NEED to smarten up.

They bought Obama's spiel and they bought Kasich's spiel - and these guys TOLD you what they had in mind!

Damn straight tens of thousands slashed their own throats, but I gess they didn't want to die with, "suicide by cop".

5db(280 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Got a postcard today from my sister-in-law vacationing in Key West, a retired teacher who at 52 is enjoying our $59,000 a year tax dollars. She is with her friend, a retired 48 year old Youngstown firefighter receiving $57,000 a year. They're both healthy, middle-aged, enjoying a lovely retirement, and both strongly support the union. I also got my tax bill last week, see that they need to raise taxes yet again, and fear that I may need to move. I know that I will work to age 67 before retiring and then will receive only what I saved; which after paying my taxes is not much.

6Sickofit2(9 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

So db, you're going to tell me that your sister-in-law and her friend were both making approximately $90,000 in wages as a teacher and a firefighter? That's what they would have had to gross in order to receive $59,000/$57,000 for retirement with 30 years. I think you need to get your finger out of the jelly jar.

7fd6636(255 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

48 years old retired @25 yrs would draw $1400 month, $16,000 yr. where do you people come up with this sh#t??? . Not to mention $800.00 Mo. health care ins.that the 48 yr old has to pay. So, sounds like were at $600.00 mo. for that guy to live on. Sounds like a golden egg pension to me!!! get real.