Poland

$395000

Poland

Residential
4 bedroom, 7 bath
$949900

« Stirfry

Now that's sisterly love!

By Bertram de Souza (Contact)

Published April 20, 2010

Untitled document

As Mark Hanni steps up his attack on Mahoning County Democratic Party Chairman David Betras, the leader has found an unexpected ally: Hanni’s sister, Holly.

In reaction to the letter Mark Hanni sent to Democats criticizing Betras’ leadership and urging his defeat at the reorganization meeting, Holly Hanni fired off one of her own:

“Dear Candidate

I am writing to you in response to a recent letter that my brother Mark Hanni has sent out to all the candidates running in the Democrat Precinct Races.  I just want to say that the Current Democrat Chairman, Dave Betras, is a life-long friend of the Hanni Family who actually served as a pallbearer at my father’s funeral.  I truly believe that if my father was still with us today he would not stand for my brother attacking a friend so dear to him as Dave.  My father always treated Dave as his protégé in the legal profession.

I first met Dave, while he was working on his father’s campaign for Boardman Trustee back in the 1980’s, when my dad was Chairman of the Party.  Over the years I have watched as Dave successfully built his own law practice into one of the major law firms in the Mahoning Valley.  Like my Dad, Dave is a self made man.  I find it appalling that my brother refers to Chairman Betras as the “Golden Checkbook”.  Ironically, My dear brother Mark failed to mention that he also attended the $1000.00 per plate Party fundraiser having arrived in style as a guest in the Cafaro Family limousine.

Although my brother Mark says now “he has no plans to run for Chairman himself”.  I remind you he made a similar announcement when he tried to take over the Local Republican Party in 2002 and 2006.

In closing, I want to say that over the past several months Dave Betras has done his best to make the Democrat Party Strong like it once was.  Please don’t let the efforts of dissidents working for my brother, prevail.”

The Hanni-Hanni clash would certainly make a great script for the television show “Brothers & Sisters.”

Comments

1BillyBob(92 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Betras - your obsession with the Hanni family is getting really weird.

2BillyBob(92 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

In case anyone is wondering why Betras has nothing else to write about besides his crush, Mark Hanni, it's because Mark used to have a radio talk show and very often he would have a trivia question picking on Bertram (I'm pretty sure it had to do with DUIs Betram may or may not have gotten).

Betram's like a gradeschooler with a crush - you treat them poorly when you can't get them to like you back.

3CassAnn(252 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

There is nothing like airing family dirty laundry in public.. really classy..

4BillyBob(92 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

@ CassAnn

Betras put Holly up to sending that letter. The 2 of them have no class.

5Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

When the dust settles from this fiasco will the Democratic Party Faithfull be any better off ? I have my doubts . Unlike the old Sheet and Tube days it is slim pickens in The Valley . We now need a strong Mayoral Candidate when Jay's term ends to bring prosperity back .

6jake1020(2 comments)posted 3 years, 2 months ago

holly is nothing but a thief imhfo. Remember that she stole a bunch of tax free cash from her father.(He had her arrested) I do believe that she bought a condo or something with the money.
If you ever see holly she will have the phone up to her ear and she will be talking to know one important about nothing important and probably on her way to lunch. If anyone wants to join her she will be glad to pay for them also. cuz she buys all her friends like that. thats why she cant afford a nice car and has to stuff herself into that little blue thing. what a shame,,,poor, poor classless holly. get some clothes holly,, it's hard to tell if you are the client or the attorney.