Saturday in Wick Park, a unique assemblage of vendors, entertainment and family-friendly fun, headlined by urban farmer and MacArthur "Genius" Award winner Will Allen.
Allen will present at the pavilion at 11:00 am and will participate in a 3 pm panel discussion titled "Economics, 'Food Racism' and Urban Agriculture" at the Unitarian Church across from the park, on Elm Street.
The Grey to Green festival schedule includes musical performances at 10 am (Caledonia Mission), 2:30 pm (YSU Gospel Choir), 3 pm (McKelvy Raygun), 3:30 pm (U.N. Act) and 4 pm (Sam Goodwill). There are nature walks and theater and lots of good stuff.
The list of Grey to Green vendors is nearly endless, so there is plenty to discover, like deconstruction, energy audits, clothing, jewelry, art, sculpture, gems, writing and much more.
Come out and learn about urban farming and how you can be a part of it, or just come to be entertained, or just come out to hang in historic Wick Park.
More than that, you can volunteer to help make the event a success:
- Assisting Vendors as needed in setting up canopies and tables and also helping them dismantle at the close of the festival.
- Directing the public to various exhibits, entertainment, and activities located at the festival throughout the day. Offering assistance to the public as needed.
- Handing out programs to the public.
- Cleaning–up during the day as well as after the festival is over.
- Assisting the entertainment committee as needed in stage set up, etc.
- Assisting the children’s committee by helping children make various projects in the children’s activities area.
- Assisting at the Drop and Shop to help the public carry items to and from the area.
- Serving as general volunteers for whatever area needs assistance at any given time. Examples include: Children’s activities tent, Farmers Market, Recreate Drop and Shop, Art Youngstown, Main Stage, Vendor’s area, Command Central, Exhibition area, Food area, Guest Speaker, etc.
The festival hours are from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Volunteers are not required to stay for the duration of the event and are encouraged to participate in two hour shifts from:
8AM to 10AM (set-up), 10AM to Noon, Noon to 2PM, 2PM to 4PM, and 4PM to 6PM.
Volunteers should report to Command Central located at the registration tent the day of the festival for further direction.
Call or email:
Susie Beiersdorfer at 330-881-1050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Daugherty at 330-518-9227 or email@example.com