Poland

5 bedroom, 6 bath
$395000

« Project Mom

Project Mom = Project Me

By Geniene P. (Contact)

Published September 19, 2008

Becoming a mom is like any new project – you try to plan to the best of your abilities, then life gets in the way.  It starts with the pregnancy part – you get all the books you can to prepare yourself - just to find that, at the last moment, important little details are omitted.  There’s no predicting what may come your way with motherhood.  The projects are immense in quantity and importance. As a mom, you are always re-creating yourself to be a cook, doctor, artist, comedian, entertainer, repair person, gardener, masseuse, personal shopper - the list could go on and on of the projects you are doing, making or becoming.  Wonderful things and experiences are created out of nothing.  Everything is either a project or becomes a project (in the sarcastic sense, too).  We try to have it all, be all and be true to ourselves.  It is exhausting, rewarding and nothing can prepare you for the intensity and wonder of it all.  Welcome to Project Mom.

Join in this discussion forum open to all women – after all, women are often nurturing someone or something from taking care of our elder parents, giving therapy-like advice to friends or mothering our beloved pets.  Come join in the fun and the exchanging of ideas, advice (and gossip)!  Motherhood is just one facet of being a woman and don’t we have tons to discuss right now?!

Comments

1rpaulson(2 comments)posted 6 years ago

Even though I am not a mom myself I found this interesting as I got in a fight with my own mother. Will the aggravation and issues with parents never end? The older I get the more I need Therapy and foregiveness.

2lucy(123 comments)posted 6 years ago

Geniene, I'm glad you're here. I've been looking forward to your vindy blog since I heard about it last week.

3Lulu(1 comment)posted 6 years ago

Now that my kids are older (10 and 16), I find that they actually need me more now than ever. I remember when my son was a toddler, I asked my boss with older kids if it got easier. He said, not really, it's just different. He was so right. I don't, however, want to give the impression that it is a chore being a mother... it is the most rewarding experience that I've ever had and it truly teaches us how to be selfless and what unconditional love is all about.

4tylersclark(182 comments)posted 6 years ago

Welcome, Geniene. Looking forward to reading your stuff.

5deb38n(4 comments)posted 6 years ago

Hi Geniene, this is great and I will tell all the Moms I know about it! We need another famous Pernotto!

6clpriore(1 comment)posted 5 years, 10 months ago

I just moved to the Canfield area in June and my husband and I are expecting our first child in May. We are very excited but also a little sad because the rest of our family is back home in Pittsburgh and it gets pretty lonely up here. Does anyone know if there are any Gymboree or Mommy & Me type classes in the area where we can meet new parents when our baby finally gets here?

7lucy(123 comments)posted 5 years, 10 months ago

The YMCA has Mommy and me classes (there are member and non-member rates).