Halftime thoughts from YSU-Valpo
by Joe Scalzo - "A blog about YSU Penguin athletics, not the insides of penguins." (Contact) | 155 entries
Not much to say about this one, so we'll keep these brief:
1. Backup RB Torrian Pace has 144 yards so far and has looked good running the ball. He looked good in brief action last week, too. That's good to see.
2. Pace looked good in practices this summer but he didn't show much in YSU's two scrimmages, so I wasn't sure what to think. I don't mind admitting he's one of the guys I root for. Nicest guy on the team.
3. Looks like Wolford is planning to redshirt Adaris Bellamy. He inserted the fourth-stringer, Demond Hymes, at RB at the end of the first half so if Bellamy doesn't play today, they probably want to keep him on the sidelines all year.
4. I'll say this for the Crusaders -- they don't have a lot of talent, but they play hard. That makes this game a little more tolerable.
5. WR Jelani Berassa, who tore his ACL during training camp, tweeted today that he had a successful surgery. He's expected to be back next summer and will have two more years of eligibility.