With the juniors portion of the Greatest Golfer of the Valley successfully completed this weekend, attention turns to the adult event that is Aug. 24, 25 & 26.
We have about 210 golfers signed up, and have room for about 240. So if you're pondering it, please commit. Here are some quick notes based on the questions we've received:
• Course selection will happen after Aug. 10 as we zero in on our field size.
Each course can hold about 80 golfers for our event. We will assign divisions based on what best gets us to 80 per course.
We will also try to move the fields around from where they played in 2011.
The only definite assignments thus far are: 1) Everyone starts at Mill Creek for a massive Friday launch to the event. 2) The Open division will tee off at Tippe. 3) The Finals will, as tradition, be hosted by Chris and Ed Muransky and The Lake Club team.
• Registrations are best if made by Aug. 10. As has been our routine, we will inact a waiting list policy at some point after that date, and your access to the event will be tied to what course your division is at and if there is room.
• Tee times will start around 8 a.m. at Mill on Friday, and at 10 a.m. on Saturday at the privates. For people who have to work Friday, there will be some 2 p.m. slots reserved. Please ensure you email Vindy Editor Todd Franko with such a request.
• Access to the privates for practice rounds has always been tough. The best plan of action is to find a scramble there, or find a friend with access and get on the course.
• Handicap verification will begin after Aug. 10. If your handicap does not correspond with the division you registered for, you will be assigned to the appropriate division or given a refund.
Watch this space for more updates. Feel free to email Todd Franko at email@example.com if you have questions.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.