We may not often think of beer as a Valentine's Day gift. Ladies, think about it though, how many of you have a man who is really into the craft and micro beers these days?
Here's a look at few that have chocolate or fruit flavors. You could mix and match these into a gift basket or assortment similar to the traditional variety box of chocolates usually given on Veltnine's Day.
1. Bison Chocolate Stout - 100% Organic and 91 points from Ratebeer.com
2. Heavy Seas Noire Chocolate Stout - Dark, rich and bold
3. Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout - Smooth and velevety with a high ABV
4. Young's Chocolate Stout - An English tradition for over a century
5. Fat Heads Bumble Berry - A blueberry wheat beer with intense berry flavor
6. Chapeau Framboise - From the incredible tradition of Belgian fruit ales
7. Samuel Smith Strawberry - 100% organic, fresh, and delicious
8. Thirsty Dog Raspberry Ale - Just enough berry, but you can stilll taste the beer
If you want to try something really fun and interesting, mix on of the above chocolate stouts with the Framboise or Raspberry Ale. You get an incredible mix of chocolate / berry flavors that is unlike any beer you will ever have.
These beers are available locally in Mahoning County at Vintage Estates and in Trumbull County at The Havana House Niles, as well as other fine independent shops in our area.
Happy Valentine's Day to all the beer lovers out there!