Published July 4, 2012
Even the most ardent and sophisticated red wine drinkers look for other options as the Summer weather turns consistently hotter. Local food and wine club Valley Vino is offering a tasting that features two great summer refreshment options: sparkling wine and craft / import beer. Valley Vino's "Discovery" tastings are dedicated to exploring new and exciting options for area wine and beer lovers and this time they are going way outside the box of the usual wine tasting experience.
The taste is scheduled for Thursday July 12th at 6:30 PM on the brand new Tuscan patio at Station Square Ristorante on Belmont Avenue. Tasters will have the option of enjoying samples of five sparkling wines or five unique beers for only $20. The taste includes some complimentary cheese, fruit, and Chef Ottavio's Italian finger foods. There is also a great menu of appetizers and entrees paired with the bubbly and beer for those who wish to enjoy as meal with their tasting.
Here is a preview of the tasting options:
1. Cescon Prosecco (Italy)
2. Rionda Pink Prosecco (Italy)
3. Poema Cava (Spain)
4. Piper Sonoma Blanc de Blanc (USA, California)
5. Mumm Napa Cuvee M - (USA, Clalifornia)
1. Schneider Weiss (Germany)
2. Lost Coast Tangerine Tangerine Wheat (USA, California)
3. Fatheads Head Hunter IPA (USA, Ohio)
4. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale (USA, Kentucky)
5. Aventinus Weizen Bock (Germany)
The event is open to the public and reservations are strongly suggested. Space on the patio is limited to the first 45 people who make a reservation by calling (330) 759-8802 or my emailing email@example.com.