Even though the 2017 Meat 16 wrapped up just around a month ago, next year's "M16" planners have been working diligently and have twelve of the slots filled. Six of those are new to the competition.
One of the coordinators, John "Spat-man" Spatar said, "Only 4 Trumbull slots remain.The Mahoning side of the bracket is full but restaurants can get on a back-up list in the event someone chickens out. All of the entries must be locally owned restaurants, bar & grills, etc. Local chain restaurants are allowed, but, national chains cannot enter. The 2017 county champs and runner-ups are invited back as the #1 and #2 seed on their respective side of the bracket."
- Big D's Newton Pub, Newton Falls
- Niki'z Pub, Niles
- The Lime Tree, Warren
- High Pointe Restaurant & Tavern, Niles
- Davidson's Restaurant/Tavern, Cornersberg
- The Pour House Bar & Grill, Canfield
- Bogey's Bar & Grill, Lowellville
- Magic Tree Pub & Eatery, Boardman
- Coaches Burger Bar, Poland
- Phoenix Fire Grill and Bar, Canfield
- Lanai Lounge, Boardman
- Ice House Inn, Austintown