Youngstown

4 bedroom, 5 bath
$376000

Columbiana

Residential
4 bedroom, 4 bath
$350000

« Brain food from the heartland

TEDDY

By Louie b. Free (Contact)

Published January 26, 2014

Untitled document

I don't know how many times I've tried to write a piece on TEDDY FOLTZ.

I always delete the piece before finishing, usually because my words are  harsh and very angry.

Of course, I'm angry at the monsters  shain widdersheim and zaryl bush. Yes, I know that anger doesn't usually result in positive change. My suppressed anger doesn't begin, nor end w/ widdersheim and bush. It's awful that we ALL KNOW that there are insufficient laws protecting children, yet, we plod along year after year, state representatives and state senators come and go, U.S.Congresses come and go,presidents come and go (many of these folks enriching themselves along the way), yet, they move on leaving  ALL the laws to protect kids and punish the monsters too weak and fail to enact new protections/punishments.

Another internal struggle I've had - I'll never know ALL of the facts. DON'T misunderstand, I KNOW enough to feel as I do about the monsters widdersheim and bush. What I'm not 100% certain of, ---where were the others ?

I've read the news. Asked questions, and, still, some questions eat at me.

Reporter Joe Gorman had written that the other family members had no idea Teddy was being abused, because his mother refused access to the boy. I'm VERY troubled when I read that Teddy's FATHER hadn't seen Teddy for YEARS:
 "“She held him from me for the last five years, and she would hide things,” ... She would make excuses as to why the boy couldn’t visit his father, Tedesco said.“He liked to play football,” he said of his son, whom he said he hadn’t seen since his 10th birthday. (remember, Teddy was 14 when he was murdered.) I cannot say how hard Tedesco tried to see his son. I know it's easy to be looking in from the outside, but for YEARS he didn't see his son? How hard did Tedesco try to see HIS son,Teddy ?  Did Teddy STILL like to play football?  Why did widdersheim have custody? We may NEVER know the answers. I DO KNOW that the so called 'cracks' in social services can become gaping crevasses, and likewise with schools.
There's another VERY troubling issue :

Family friend April Williams said the family was certain Widdersheim knew about the alleged abuse happening not only to Teddy, but also to her other two children.

“As far as the family is concerned, she knew everything that was going on,” said Williams, who was friends with Widdersheim and whose kids played with Widdersheim’s.

Williams said a grandmother of the children had the children tell Widdersheim about Bush physically abusing them more than two years ago, but Widdersheim refused to hear it.

When grandmother told widdersheim about the abuse, and widdersheim did nothing, what happened then? Was it time to watch  American Idolaters or  Who's Dancing on Mars?

I have no problem calling out the many misses of social services,  school systems, and  'our' elected officials many failures to enact laws to TRULY protect children and REMOVE, PERMANENTLY, those who abuse children, but, what of  these others?  A balloon release  and a park bench ? That may make the organizers feel better, but,  if the same efforts used to save Teddy from his torture and murder are the efforts that are being used to change the laws ..........the more things stay the same.

Comments

1judimcbry(11 comments)posted 9 months ago

EXACTLY!!! Everyone FAILED this child. The school reports abuse, mom pulls him out of school, no one follows up? Dad doesn't see his child for years? (No one could have kept me from my child!) Neighbors suspect abuse, did anyone follow up? and on and on
All this poor kid wanted was someone, anyone, to rescue him.

2lbf(147 comments)posted 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Judi, thank you...
i've had some awful emails regarding this blog.

3SamCoon93(13 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

We tried. Social Services told us that we were just trying to harass Shain and they would have us arrested if we continued calling them with the abuse. We tried to gain access to the children, and got threatened with lawsuits. Shain personally refused me after Zaryl agreed to me coming. We tried talking Shain out of the house and to come back with us, and got turned down. No matter how we tried to go about this, we were shut out by Social Services and Shain herself. And Shain was the legal guardian of Teddy and could refuse Shawn whenever. So do not go putting dirt on our family's name because you DO NOT know the whole story and the facts. Good day to you sir.

4lbf(147 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Sam, I'm not "putting dirt" on your family's name. i've reached out to Teddy's father and asked him to come on and have a conversation with me....he, or any family members.
i KNOW there's a multitude of issues with certain cases/caseworkers in Social Services
Why wasn't there joint custody?
If you're 'in the know' come on and/or address the questions.
~Louie

.... if the same efforts used to save Teddy from his torture and murder are the efforts that are being used to change the laws ..........the more things stay the same.

5Aware(219 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

I have said it before - early on - and in the other post(s) today via the Vindy....this feel-good bs of benches and balloons is meaningless. They all need to go away. That father did nothing - but rants about how 'if not for him' they law would not have brought them to trial...that is horses**t. Any child with those injuries would have undergone autopsies....Shain's phone call to him saying she was going to have him cremated alarmed him? He is pretty stupid to even think that would happen without the investigation into cause. She would never have had enough clearance. He is annoying me. As is the grandmother (maternal). Her FB posts tell everyone about her. She posted a picture of a little girl - maybe 4 years old - with (her spelling) 'falsys'...is this the kind of stuff a normal person does? She is sick and she raised a woman who was sick. I'll tell you..if this was MY grandchild(ren) I would have been like a rabid dog to get investigations. Ditto for the father. His lame excuse that he did not have the $ for visitation is unbelievable. How many other kids does he have floating around? He wants TV and press time. His time to make a difference was before that child was brutalized. It does not count NOW. The whole group of them makes me sick. Look up these characters and the way they act and speak - bunch of losers.
Good post, Mr. Free.

6YtownParent(331 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Alot of it is what would be hearsay. Law Enforcement and Children's Services can't act on what someone heard someone else say to someone else, even if the person was standing in the room for the conversation. Likewise, grandmother has no legal rights to the children and any parent can slam the door on grandparents at anytime. If the grandparent pushes, even for good reasons, the parent can cry parental interference and have the grandparent locked up.

The CSB workers had a right to do something. If the school reported it, they should have been at the front door, unannounced, that day as per state regulations. They couldn't have forced their way in, but after the second report and refusal they could have asked a judge for a search warrant.

Teddy's father may have had rights too. Unless a judge ordered his parental rights permanently terminated, he had every right to gain access to his child. We don't know the specifics of it. Shain Widdersheim may have had sole custody of Teddy. If she didn't have a judge's order giving her sole custody, then Teddy's father had every right to see his son whenever he wanted & the Struther's police should have enforced that. If she did have sole custody with no visitations granted, again something only a judge could order, his father still had the right to go to court and ask for it, which the courts generally allow with only minimum requirements, such as a clean safe home for the child to stay when with the other parent. How the system broke down and was allowed to be used to keep Teddy's father out of his life is what really needs to be answered. Hopefully his dad will go public with his experiences.

7SamCoon93(13 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

like the comment said above, we would have been locked up, Shain and CSB both told us anymore and we were getting arrested.

8SamCoon93(13 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Aware, MY daughter was trying to make fun of people on TV. She will do anything silly, because she's four. Just like when kids put on mommy's make up. So leave my child out of this. My family are not losers, we work hard to make sure we are all taken care of. I can not speak for Shawn. because I've had the same arguments as well, BUT, Grandma Sara did not raise Shain to be that way. She was the kindest person until Zaryl tainted her. We also tried every legal action we could take, and it got us no where but threats with arrests and lawsuits. SO, you DO NOT know what we went through, you DO NOT know the story. You know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about my family. We are not sick people, and we will help anyone in need. But, bring MY KID into another one of these comments, or go through any of my families facebook accounts again, and I can have a legal action of harassment, because that is exactly what it is. I've grown up around lawyers and law, and I know exactly how to do it. I will not have my family called sick losers. Just as anyone else would defend their loved ones.

9tperl14(1 comment)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Okay I dont know who you think you are, but let me tell you something, you dont know MY FAMILY, so therefore dont act like you do nor talk like you do! You have no idea what so ever what we tried to do for them! At all!!! We tried okay! It was the services who faild him not us! As if were not going through enough right now, you low lifes have the nerve to bash my family to the public about something you dont know anything about what so ever!!!! Why dont you get your story staright before you go and run your mouths!!! Man you people I swear!!! Leave MY FAMILY ALONE AND WORRIE ABOUT YOUR OWN!!!!! KEEP YOUR IGNORANCE TO YOURSELF!!! K THANKS!

10lbf(147 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Judge Krichbaum on Tuesday's BrainFood

11YtownParent(331 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

I'm not quite sure exactly who the comments to the tune of you don't know us, mind your own business, keep your mouths shut, etc are directed to, but there a couple valid points. Nobody should be disrespectful or accusatory to the family. I don't feel my two cents were either, but I do have valid questions.

My questions have been kept in my mind by the family members who've acted nobly during a painful experience to make sure what happened to Teddy is not forgotten and to do their best to keep it from happening to others. They have my admiration for being brave enough to step out into the spotlight and assume that public face.

Yes, some of the family members are now public figures, not because of how you suffered and who you lost but because you made that choice to start an organization, to collect funds, and to lobby for changes in the laws. I'm glad you have been that brave and hope your courage never fails. You need to understand that by taking on that role you gave the public the right to question who is asking for their support and their motives before we stand beside you with our wallets and our votes.

I can understand your desire to jump in and yell at ignorant people who post on line, but it doesn't help your cause. Please understand that criticism of Shain is not criticism of those who raised her. I believe you when you say she was a sweetheart until she met Zaryl Bush. That is the nature of relationships, they always change people. Ultimately it is up to each person to make our own choice if we let it change us for the better or for the worse. Too many times people make the wrong choice and the worse has awful effects for their loved ones. We have to live with the consequences of our own choices and actions.

I hope you can ignore the idiots, take note of valid questions, gather your evidence and hound reporters until they give you your fair say. The Press should be printing the families story on the front page. The Press should be reporting each date you tried to intervene and how you were turned away. They should be calling for the laws to be fixed so that other families don't find themselves in the same position. I hope the day comes you are allowed to and will let yourselves be fully heard. I think then the fixes to the broken system will follow.

12SamCoon93(13 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

For some reason, the comment posted by Aware is only showig up on the mobile website. I posted a copy on my facebook page if you would like to see it.

13YtownParent(331 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Pulled it up on my phone. There aren't decent words to respond to that type of ranting. Some people only merit ignoring. You were there, you know what you tried. I'd question those types of posters motivations more than anything else. Smells alot like someone who could be threatened by changes in a lax system and has an interest in distracting y'all from your cause. I hope they don't succeed.

14lbf(147 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Judge Krichbaum on BrainFood now http://louiefreeshow.com

15SamCoon93(13 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Oh, they won't. They make us fight harder

16lbf(147 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

SamCoon93, what's you relationship to Teddy?

17mom4ever(2 comments)posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Here's what I know of the truth. Shawn (the dad) had no rights and sought no rights because he never wanted to pay child support. He did not support Teddy in any way.

He claims to be all high and mighty but was charged with theft himself about a decade ago. He plead guilty and got fines and probation. He's no killer but he's no model citizen either.

He was so distraught over the loss of his son that he got married about a month after his death.

I don't know if Shawn is just a publicity seeker or simply has a guilty conscience. His new wife certainly is out for publicity. She's always tooting her own horn about how much she loved Shawn. How is that possible? She would have never known him unless they dated over 4 years.

Shain's family had their hands tied legally but a REAL dad would have asserted his parental rights and paid child support. Legally Shawn Tedesco may have no liability but morally he had an obligation to his son that he failed to live up to.

18lbf(147 comments)posted 8 months, 2 weeks ago

I've some REALLY nasty emails regarding this blog and, some supportive emails. PLUS these comments (im posting WITH permission proving I do NOT post their names:

"Sorry you have gotten flack from your post. I would think the family would like to set their record straight. I don't understand the last msg from Sam Coon. I don't recall seeing anyone talk about a little girl or call them sick losers. Keep up the good work you do !"

They contradict there story. One says they didnt know, then others said they knew. And i dont think the father wants to talk since he hadnt seen his son for 4 years plus didnt pay child support. And that is probably the reason he didnt push seeing the kid in court. They keep saying no one knows there side of it. But no one will step up to the plate. Makes you go hummmm..."

19SamCoon93(13 comments)posted 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Teddy's mom is my aunt. He is my cousin, and we grew up together until Shain left us for Zaryl.

20SamCoon93(13 comments)posted 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Also, the comment was posted by a user named Aware, and for some reason it's only showing up on the mobile website, as Ytwon confirmed, it's only showing up in our phones.

21TeamTeddy(5 comments)posted 8 months, 2 weeks ago

To whom it may concern:
I have read numerous comments on this site since my son passed away. And to tell you the truth i stay out of them. Because the a personal opinions and judgments. First things first i paid my child support so lets clear that up right now. I had rough spots in my life buy who hasnt? But i always made sure my debts were paid back. Problem is children are used as pawns when they shouldn't be. They should have the love of their parents. One thing i know is Teddy loved me. We had conversations on the phone. He always wanted to know why he didn't have my last name and to tell you the truth that was his moms decision and the reason why i didn't sign his birth certificate. And as a father i have that right. But when i think back on it, it was one of the dumbest decisions i have ever made. I made that decision when i was 17. And for that reason she blocked me from being at the hospital. Although i don't have to prove anything to anyone i feel that when it comes to not having ones facts straight i should say something. Some of the comments i have read are nothing short of classless. We started a vision back in February of last year to fight for stiffer penalties against child abuse and to change the system for our youth. I dont do this for guilt or press. I do it for Teddy and his memory. He deserves to be remembered for something great. And each negative comment takes away from that vision. I may have my haters but i will never quit. I dealt with Shains excuses for years. She has never admitted anything she ever did and she is not going to start now. I have never once claimed to be a perfect father. If you go on Teddys Law i'm pretty truthful on their. If you feel the need to put me down because you have a personal vendetta so be it. But one thing i am not is an abuser and a murder. AND IM NOT IN PRISON! I would never do that to anyone of my children because i actually have a heart. I just never was able to prove that to Teddy. If you don't believe i didn't pay child support thats on you but money is what held me back. Attorneys and court fees are pricey. and you cant afford one when you made 150 a week. This is all im going to post on this matter.

If you have any questions email me @ Teddyslaw@outlook.com

Shawn Tedesco

22lbf(147 comments)posted 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Invitation to Teddy's Father,Shawn:

23lbf(147 comments)posted 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Talking with Vindicator Regional Editor Ernie Brown now

24lbf(147 comments)posted 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Widdersheim's family denies abandoning her
Teddy Foltz’s mom talks about her failure to protect her son
Ernie Brown's columns( Ernie's on w/me now)