A decent human being accepts an apology and does not denigrate it.or cynically comment on it..
A decent journalist reports facts and doesn't make them up. (You have no way of knowing that Dann's detractors increased after last Sunday's column.Your saying so does not make it so.) Obviously, you are not a decent human being or even a decent journalist.
Your journalistic blade did not suddenly dull. It was never sharp. What has dulled are your wits.
When David Skolnick called me for a comment for his column, I asked him why was the Vindicator rehasing this.story. David's answer, the Vindicator's answer, was a lame one: To commemorate a one year anniversary. Hogwash! The honest answer would have been, "We haven't picked the bones clean yet."
And while the pickins were slim for your column today you managed to suck on the marrow.and spew your venom. (Slithered from office. . . . disgraced ...... jackass.)
There is one question you and your ilk should ask yourselves. And if you can't answer it, then you should shut-the-hell up:
What crime or impeachable offense did Marc Dann commit or is he being charged with? If you don't have an answer to that question, then it's you who owe Marc Dann an apology. I'm sure he'll accept it, not sneer at you for offering it, and thank you for being a big enough person to make it.
I'm also certain I'll never live to see the day when you admit you were wrong about anything..
May 17, 2009 at 2:15 a.m.
Why address your questions to me? I have had NOTHING to do with the Playhouse since I left in October of 2005. I'm not even on their mailing list. And no one from there has contacted me in three and one half years. I suggest you contact their president, Rand Becker, or one of their current Board members and I'm sorry I don't know who comprises the current Board.
January 16, 2009 at 9:46 p.m.
TO THE POSTER OF LIES ABOUT ME AND WHO POSTS UNDER THE NAME, "ASKMIFICARE."
1. If you want to know how the weather is in Michigan, listen to the weather channel or use your computer. I live in Liberty Township, Ohio.
2. If you want to know the meaning of "animus," look it up in a dictionery.
3. If you want to know why I told Rennie Griffith not to contribute $50,000 to the Playhouse, I'll tell you why: The money was to be used for a building addition that the Playhouse needed because of the loss of its arena theatre to offices and because, at the time, the Playhouse was not ready or on firm enough financial footing to embark on a fund-raising campaign for a building addition.
4. Your blaming me for hiring John Holt is ludicrous. I worked with John for three months and imparted what knowledge I could to him before the Board hired him. The Board I left behind was fully aware of their responsibility to supervise. The treasurer, a very capable CPA, had supervised and reviewed every expenditure I made during the time I served as the group's unpaid executive director. It was understood the same was to be done with Holt and that Holt would provide them with a detailed monthly financial statement of income and expenses as I had done. He didn't do this. Neither the treasurer nor the Board paid attention to what he was and was not doing. I was not consulted on one single matter by either Holt or the Board.
5. Please excuse me for some conditions that existed when I "left" the Playhouse in 2005: I was 75, my diabetes was out of control, my liver became infected and had to be drained, I had a fistula to my intestine and a subsequent ileostomy and bag and finally had a pacemaker implanted. I was in and out of the Cleveland Clinic seven times over two years.
My physicians told me that most of my medical problems were brought on by the stress I was under during the 14 months I was the Playhouse's executive director.
6. My son-in-law and my support of him, as well as the low-esteem I hold for the Vindicator and its gossip columnist Bertram deSousa are totally irrelevant to my role in serving and saving the Playhouse.
7. In addition to be uninformed and a coward hiding behind a not-very-clever or original pseudonym, you are a perverted purveyor of lies.
8. If you can stand to be burdened with facts, I'll be glad to civilly provide you with them. As I told you before, my phone number is in the book. That's the Youngstown phone book, not some phone book in Michigan.
January 11, 2009 at 10:40 p.m.
(CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST IN RESPONSE TO POSTING BY ASKMEICARE)
4. You don't seem to understand that a City has the responsibility to preserve and protect it's educational and cultural institutions and not sit idly by when disaster strikes. The Youngstown Playhouse is located in the middle of the south side of Youngstown. It's a Youngstown institution. It has contributed to the quality of life and the reputation of the City for nine decades.
5. I agree that Rand Becker is an "honest and caring man." I, too, wish him well. However, I know what the road to hell is paved with.
6. How you know about "Ms. Griffith's $50,000 donation" puzzles me as only the Board was informed of it. (By the way she asked me several years ago, if she should make that contribution, I told her not to under any circumstance.) You also say "Hopefully,Rand Becker can find what happened to MS Griffiths $50,000.00 donation and put it to use. Are you so naive or ignorant as to think that there will be a paper trail to the $50,000 or to think it still exists?
Obviously, you are both - naive and ignorant.
Stop accusing me of the Playhouse's present predicament. They wouldn't have today's predicament if I hadn't stepped in 5 years ago. Today, they would be 5 year old history.
If you have a personal animus toward me, my phone number is in the book. Anonymously spewing lies as you have done, is the way of a coward.
January 9, 2009 at 12:07 p.m.
TO THE ANONYMOUS ASKEMEIFICARE
1. I did not "give" the job to John Holt. The Board hired him. and it was their job to supervise him. Obviously, they didn't. I've been told they never ever received a detailed monthly financial report in the 3 years he was there.
2. I served without pay as the Playhouse's executive director from August 04 to September 05. During that time, over $700,000 of past debt as well as pending lawsuits were retired. Subcriptions increased from 238 to over 2000.Talks were about to start about suing the general contractor and sub-contractors who had replaced the Playhouse's roof and main drainage lines. Illness forced me to resign. At the request of the Board, my departure was not announced publicly as I was told that donors would not be as likely to donate if I were not there. Initially, I was listed as a Consultant. No one ever consulted me, nor was I ever put on any Playhouse mailing list. When I heard about the postponement of a scheduled November 05 production to December 05, my "two cents worth" was registered and ignored.
3. You damn me for supporting my son-in-law, Marc Dann. Let's get some things straight. Marc Dann is not guilty of any felony or misdemeanor.(The truth of this will all come out in the next few months.)necessary.] You accuse me of supporting Marc because I gave him money. I gave him no money. And what kind of an indvidual are you who doesn't understand love and loyalty and forgiveness? My daughter had forgiven his infidelity. You want me to do less.
Stop believing what you read in the newspapers, especially the Vindicator. DeSousa is a mean-spirited, lying and lazy gossip-monger. Reading him is like eating a radish, you know it will come up again.
(CONTINUED IN NEXT POSTING)
January 9, 2009 at 12:05 p.m.