Sorry, no featured properties currently.
@eivo - No.
January 2, 2014 at 4:07 p.m.
if someone breaks the law and is convicted, they go to prison, and rightly so, no matter their race. and yeah black guys commit a lot of crimes, and yeah people shouldn't have a bunch of kids if they don't have any way to support them,. I agree with all that. But after reading this article I figured the response would be quick and typical. I was right. having said that, and after reading the comments - made by the usual suspects, it's my opinion that almost every one who posted here is a complete dick. but robx may be the biggest of them all. blaming American slavery of blacks on blacks. nice try, dbag.
January 2, 2014 at 4:02 p.m.
eivo, hurry up and get to the bank to cash your social security check. And make sure you don't miss your next doctor appointment which, of course, will be paid for by medicare. Guaranteed. The bags are all the same. And then you wonder why the vast majority of Americans are sick of your game. IF even one of you had any credibility ie, not a hypocrite, then someone might listen to you. But you don't. So we won't.
January 1, 2014 at 4:47 p.m.
Sure thing eivo, I mean why in the world would anyone think that the tea party is filled with intolerant bigots? What in the world could have been said or done by tea party reps in the past few years that would lead anyone to come to such a radical conclusion as that??? I think you need to learn the difference between the intolerance reasonable people have for bigots and the intolerance bigots have for anyone who is not like them. Here's a hint - it's not the same. So please stop equating a fight against intolerance and racism with intolerance and racism. You're embarrassing yourself.
December 29, 2013 at 1:11 p.m.
I don't think that people who disagree with what Robertson said actually 'hate' the Bible. So again, that statement is pretty asinine. I do think it's more of a case of reasonable people lashing out at those who incorrectly and selectively interpret the Bible to support their own, and others, desire to instill fear, hate, and division as a way to advance their own personal beliefs. I mean, honestly, if Jesus returned tomorrow, the tea party would run Him out of town on a rail b/c he was too liberal. Robertson didn't quote the Bible at all. He was "paraphrasing" select parts of the Old Testament. And his statements that most African-Americans were 'happier' prior to the Civil Rights movement isn't based on anything in the Bible and quite honestly, is just moronic. And remember before you rage against those who went after him and claim that they 'hate' the Bible or hate free speech, they have just as much right to state their disagreements with his speech as he has to say what he wants. And he put himself out there in the first place, so for a guy like that to say the things he did in an interview, well, I don't blame him for being so ignorant, I blame him for being so stupid as to think there wouldn't be any blow back. So yeah, our speech is free, but we still have to pay the tax. You don't like it, then speak your mind, and be prepared for those who disagree with you to speak there's. The 1st Amendment cuts both ways. It's called America
December 29, 2013 at 12:57 p.m.
Okay broylie, I'll give it a shot. You said all he can do is "Talk and convince people he's going to save them and of course blame someone else when he can't deliver."
Well, let's see:
1. Passed Health Care Reform: After five presidents over a century failed to create universal health insurance,
2. Passed the Stimulus: Signed $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009 to spur economic growth. Twelve months later, the private sector began producing more jobs than it was losing, and it has continued to do so for twenty-three straight months, creating a total of nearly 3.7 million new private-sector jobs.
3. Passed Wall Street Reform: Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession.
4. Ended the War in Iraq: Ordered all U.S. military forces out of the country. Last troops left on December 18, 2011.
5. Began Drawdown of War in Afghanistan:
6. Eliminated Osama bin laden: In 2011.
7. Turned Around U.S. Auto Industry: In 2009, injected $62 billion in federal money (on top of $13.4 billion in loans from the Bush administration) into ailing GM and Chrysler in return for equity stakes and agreements for massive restructuring. Since bottoming out in 2009, the auto industry has added more than 150,000 jobs.
8. Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”: Ended 1990s-era restriction and formalized new policy allowing gays and lesbians to serve openly in the military for the first time.
9. Toppled Moammar Gaddafi: In March 2011, joined a coalition of European and Arab governments. No American lives were lost.
10. Reversed Bush Torture Policies: Two days after taking office.
11. Kicked Banks Out of Federal Student Loan Program, signed measure ending the wasteful decades-old practice of subsidizing banks to provide college loans.
12. Coordinated International Response to Financial Crisis: To keep world economy out of recession in 2009 and 2010.
13. Passed Mini Stimuli: To help families hurt by the recession and spur the economy as stimulus spending declined, signed series of measures to extend unemployment insurance and cut payroll taxes.
14. Passed Credit Card Reforms: Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act (2009),
15. Eliminated Catch-22 in Pay Equality Laws: Signed Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act in 2009, giving women who are paid less than men for the same work the right to sue their employers even if that discrimination happened years ago.
That's just from 2009 to 2012. There's a whole lot more. Would you like me to continue?
December 10, 2013 at 5:22 p.m.
I think it's humorous, but typical, that all the gop/tea folks want politicians to stay out of the military business of this country when their is nothing in the Constitution that requires such compartmentalization, but in the same breath demand that politicians deeply involve themselves in the religious business of this country, despite the fact that there is an actual Constitutional Amendment prohibiting such conduct. Aren't the tea partiers the ones who are always screaming about following the Constitution. I guess they just want certain parts followed, huh?
December 9, 2013 at 6:24 p.m.
eivo and lukasko, let me first ask you something...at what point did you conclude that using or practicing birth control is the same as abortion? I mean honestly, is there something wrong with your brains?? I think it's a legitimate question, that requires a response, considering the leap of logic you made in the first instance.
December 9, 2013 at 6:19 p.m.
borylie asks how Obama is qualified to be president -"If you dispute this fact, tell us how he was qualified. Thank you."
Okay, I'll try. He won more votes than his opponent - twice. That qualifies him to be president. We live in the United States, remember? If you dislike the American system, then you are free to go live somewhere else. Otherwise, election results count. And you're welcome.
December 9, 2013 at 6:09 p.m.
weeds - pretty sad you would root for a team from some other city instead of a team from your hometown
December 6, 2013 at 6:16 p.m.