Okay broylie, I'll give it a shot. You said all he can do is "Talk and convince people he's going to save them and of course blame someone else when he can't deliver."
Well, let's see:
1. Passed Health Care Reform: After five presidents over a century failed to create universal health insurance,
2. Passed the Stimulus: Signed $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009 to spur economic growth. Twelve months later, the private sector began producing more jobs than it was losing, and it has continued to do so for twenty-three straight months, creating a total of nearly 3.7 million new private-sector jobs.
3. Passed Wall Street Reform: Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession.
4. Ended the War in Iraq: Ordered all U.S. military forces out of the country. Last troops left on December 18, 2011.
5. Began Drawdown of War in Afghanistan:
6. Eliminated Osama bin laden: In 2011.
7. Turned Around U.S. Auto Industry: In 2009, injected $62 billion in federal money (on top of $13.4 billion in loans from the Bush administration) into ailing GM and Chrysler in return for equity stakes and agreements for massive restructuring. Since bottoming out in 2009, the auto industry has added more than 150,000 jobs.
8. Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”: Ended 1990s-era restriction and formalized new policy allowing gays and lesbians to serve openly in the military for the first time.
9. Toppled Moammar Gaddafi: In March 2011, joined a coalition of European and Arab governments. No American lives were lost.
10. Reversed Bush Torture Policies: Two days after taking office.
11. Kicked Banks Out of Federal Student Loan Program, signed measure ending the wasteful decades-old practice of subsidizing banks to provide college loans.
12. Coordinated International Response to Financial Crisis: To keep world economy out of recession in 2009 and 2010.
13. Passed Mini Stimuli: To help families hurt by the recession and spur the economy as stimulus spending declined, signed series of measures to extend unemployment insurance and cut payroll taxes.
14. Passed Credit Card Reforms: Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act (2009),
15. Eliminated Catch-22 in Pay Equality Laws: Signed Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act in 2009, giving women who are paid less than men for the same work the right to sue their employers even if that discrimination happened years ago.
That's just from 2009 to 2012. There's a whole lot more. Would you like me to continue?
December 10, 2013 at 5:22 p.m.
I think it's humorous, but typical, that all the gop/tea folks want politicians to stay out of the military business of this country when their is nothing in the Constitution that requires such compartmentalization, but in the same breath demand that politicians deeply involve themselves in the religious business of this country, despite the fact that there is an actual Constitutional Amendment prohibiting such conduct. Aren't the tea partiers the ones who are always screaming about following the Constitution. I guess they just want certain parts followed, huh?
December 9, 2013 at 6:24 p.m.
eivo and lukasko, let me first ask you something...at what point did you conclude that using or practicing birth control is the same as abortion? I mean honestly, is there something wrong with your brains?? I think it's a legitimate question, that requires a response, considering the leap of logic you made in the first instance.
December 9, 2013 at 6:19 p.m.
borylie asks how Obama is qualified to be president -"If you dispute this fact, tell us how he was qualified. Thank you."
Okay, I'll try. He won more votes than his opponent - twice. That qualifies him to be president. We live in the United States, remember? If you dislike the American system, then you are free to go live somewhere else. Otherwise, election results count. And you're welcome.
December 9, 2013 at 6:09 p.m.
weeds - pretty sad you would root for a team from some other city instead of a team from your hometown
December 6, 2013 at 6:16 p.m.
Hey defelice, quit your crying. Here's a tip when it's icy, DRIVE SLOWER. How's that work for you?? Your obviously a tea partier. Because you cry about wanting less gov't, then you cry when the gov't doesn't help you, then you cry some more when you have to actually pay taxes so that the gov't can provide the services you NEED. Like I said, quit your crying.
December 5, 2013 at 7:34 p.m.
Uticashale says - "The hottest development in real estate are shooting ranges. More and more the have's are arming themselves and soon instill their own justice."
Do yourself a favor and don't think that going to a shooting range prepares you for defending yourself or your family or your home or your car or whatever. It doesn't, especially if your under fire. For the untrained, the weapon should only be a last resort and pulling it to defend your stuff may end up costing you your life. Choose wisely.
December 1, 2013 at 9:39 p.m.
all the teacons on here are screaming about how businesses should be allowed to be open on thanksgiving to sell, sell, sell, and they're the same teacons that keep screaming about keeping Christ in Christmas...so to them, you can't say happy holidays because it doesn't represent what Christmas is about and it's not in the spirit of the holiday, but mega corps selling on Thanksgiving afternoon in order to make some more profit is no big deal...you people are truly F'ed up.
November 30, 2013 at 4:18 p.m.
gdog - I don't think they care if you give them credit. and they'll continue to win, against anyone, anywhere, anytime. but it's typical to see guys like you tear down something that is good for the area. miserable prck.
November 30, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.
He's paid what he owed. Leave him be. But the Vindy is simply mirroring the attitudes of so many of the veteran youngstowners in ALWAYS, without exception, focusing on the bad things about Youngstown. Get over it, man. Your all tired and used up, and it's getting really old. Bring something to the table or step back and let some new blood take the reigns. And KW, the quote means that if you are going to call yourself a professional writer, then you better have something to say, preferably something that contains an original thought, or idea, or premise, which makes people have to think, or else you're not a writer at all. That is pathetic, and not deserving of our pity, but our scorn. Vonnegut pushes you to conclude that it is the provocative writer, bound and gagged, which deserves pity, followed up with a kick in the ass to those who've gagged him.
August 18, 2013 at 5:42 p.m.