So much misguided and false statements in the comments and a few sane ones.
1. What credibility does CNN have to make their statement of 1.4 mi.? USGS gives the depth at 4 mi.
2. Here in the east, we sit on many faults. Maybe hydraulic fracturing could slowly release the pressure (again, pure speculation on my part)
4. Let the science tell us what the cause is before we start yammering on based on our "feelings".
5. Bob Hagan is a proven anti-working class politician. He is no expert on seismology. Don't listen to the politicians.
6. craigd, above, makes one of the all too common fear-mongering statements. To counter his statement, from "Junk Science", "of the more than one million fracking or fracking-like operations that have occurred, unattributable seismic activity has been detected twice. Moreover, no structural damage was attributed to any of the seismic activity." This was published 11/17/2011.
7. What does global warming have to do with this?
January 1, 2012 at 3:44 p.m.
permalink suggest removal