It is good to hear that the fire did not involve a fatality. That said, it sounds like the fire started out as a smoldering type fire and that the house probably had a outdated ionization smoke alarm. If the house had a photoelectric smoke alarm it is quite likely that they would have heard the alarm and been able to walk out the front door instead of having to resort to climbing on to the roof and relying on a neighbor. Please check out the type of alarm and if it is an ionization replace with a photoelectric. The next time they may not be so lucky to survive.
June 21, 2012 at 7:52 a.m.
permalink suggest removal