Sorry, no featured properties currently.
OILFIELD GEOLOGY 101
COPY AND PASTE IN BROWSER
--------------------------------------------------Reservoir Rock & Source Rock Types: Classification,
Properties & Symbols
Reservoir rock: A permeable subsurface rock that contains petroleum. Must be both porous and permeable.
Source rock: A sedimentary rock in which petroleum forms.
• Reservoir rocks are dominantly sedimentary (sandstones and carbonates); however, highlyfractured igneous and metamorphic rocks have been known to produce hydrocarbons, albeit on amuch smaller scale
• Source rocks are widely agreed to be sedimentary
• The three sedimentary rock types most frequently encountered in oil fields are shales, sandstones,and carbonates
• Each of these rock types has a characteristic composition and texture that is a direct result ofdepositional environment and post-depositional (diagenetic) processes (i.e., cementation, etc.)
• Understanding reservoir rock properties and their associated characteristics is crucial indeveloping a prospect
March 23, 2014 at 4:17 p.m.
The best gas and oil traps are where the strata is broken up, folded and faulted. Blowing wind knocks down weak limbs. Do we ban trees? The plates of the earth are constantly on the move and we will have quakes with or without fracking.
March 23, 2014 at 10:46 a.m.
This is a fine day for the antidrilling crowd to have an informative demonstration against drilling. I see that there may be a power shortage after the shutting down of the two coal fired electric generating plants in the area. Who needs them,right?
January 7, 2014 at 11:57 a.m.
To the opponets of drilling in Pennsylvania government welfare is King and they are the Queens. They do quite well surviving on the backs of others.
November 14, 2013 at 6:25 p.m.
You are the type who would condemn the smell of a hog farm while gorging on bacon.
The biohazard from flooded sewage systems in Colorado is a far greater health risk that all of the flooded wellsites nationwide.
September 15, 2013 at 11:48 p.m.
Awesome tune but it didn't take my breath away. Still driving that car,using electric, cooking and heating with gas? Then you are no better than a rapist condemning sex while still in the company of his victim.
September 15, 2013 at 10:16 p.m.
“We the people certainly won.”
Just what have you won? It seem that you want no part of the treasure buried below nor do you want anyone else to have it's rewards.
September 8, 2013 at 3:44 a.m.
So, feel good legislation is now not feeling so good?
September 8, 2013 at 3:33 a.m.
Susie Biersdorfer will be furious! I don't believe that she desires employment in the oil and gas industry for the area. She is a rising star in the political forefront and there will be a clash.
August 14, 2013 at 12:14 p.m.
Why not ban all gas pipelines in town also? I see in the news that houses are going up in flames in the city from gas line ruptures. This would be in the interest of safety and eliminate any incentive to drill within the city limits.
August 12, 2013 at 1:23 p.m.