|Education||1978: Poland Seminary High School 1982: Ashland University (B.S. in B.A. with majors in Management, Marketing)|
|Family||Dianna, spouse of 25 years
Ashlee, daughter, freshman at Ohio State University and 2013 Valedictorian at Poland Seminary High school
Beau, son, sophomore at Poland Seminary High School
|Reasons for running||- To continue to serve the residents of Poland as a member of their school board
- To complete work started during first term and undertake numerous new initiatives as we re-shape the district for the future.
|Priorities||- Continue implementation of safety measures
- Continue upgrades to district's technologies
- Continue to place increased focus on curriculum, including the possibility of adding a Curriculum Director
- Continue to explore cost savings initiatives, shared services, ect...
- Continue to be accessible, transparent, and proactive in communicating with the taxpayers of the district
|Qualifications||- Currently serving as Board President for Poland Local School District. Led search and hiring of new Superintendent, negotiated new 3 year labor agreement, and implemented new safety measures in all schools.
- 5 year Trustee with Poland Schools Foundation for Educational Excellence
- 7 year Trustee with Poland Riverside Cemetery
- 2 year Board member with Poland Swim and Tennis Club
- 8 year Head/Asst coach Poland Youth Soccer
- 7 year Head coach YMCA Youth Basketball
- 4 year Head Coach Poland Intramural Basketball League
- 3 year Head Coach Poland Youth Flag Football
|Positions on the issues||- Against open enrollment. The majority of Poland residents do not want to see this implemented. Also, gaining students for one district only hurts another district. It is not the answer for financial ills.
- Believe establishing a public school district as an excellent educator is the best remedy for combating the push to privatization of schools
- Will lead community in influencing our state representatives to address school funding, which has been declared unconstitutional and is not equitable as currently distributed.