facebooktwitterRSS
- Advertisement -
  • Most Commentedmost commented up
  • Most Emailedmost emailed up
  • Popularmost popular up

Sorry, no featured properties currently.

- Advertisement -

« More Photos from July 13th 2008

Photo detail

Published: July 13, 2008

[7.12.2008] Vince Shivers, of Youngstown, unveils The Ohio Historical Society's marker recognizing St. Augustine Episcopal Chapel as a place of historical significance in the state as civil war re-enactors Steffon Jones (left) and Frederick Smith, both of Youngstown, represent the 5th USCT (United States Colored Troops) July 12, 2008. Lenora Berry chartered the church in 1907, making it the only known church in Mahoning County to have been chartered by an African American woman. Shivers began the work of requesting a marker at the church 5 years ago and is currently in the process of completing the application with the National Register of Historical Places.

  • E-mail
  • Blog about this

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.


News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© 2014 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes