- KDA Affidavit
- US vs. Ben Lupo - Indictment
- US vs. Ben Lupo - Criminal Complaint
- D&L Sample Results Statement
- Final Analytical Report for Ohio EPA-NEDO
- OhioEPA Notice of Violation
- OhioEPA IPIR
- Patriot vs. Ohio EPA Decision
- EPA Response - Patriot Water
- Patriot vs. Ohio EPA Motion to Dismiss
- ALOV Trumbull Group Lease
- Sammarone letter
Welcome to the Vindy.com Fracking page, the Mahoning Valley's home for the latest news and information about the natural oil and gas drilling industry.
Have a question about fracking, leasing or anything else related to the Utica or Marcellus shales? Email our reporter.
- Game of chicken over oil costs jobs, benefits ...
January 17th, 2016 at 12:01 AM
PNC Bank Economist Mekael Teshome remembers 2008 when there was a concern that the price of oil would go up to $200 a barrel. Last week, the price dropped below $30 per barrel and is expected to go lower. “It feels surreal,” he said.
- Hand recount confirms defeat of anti-fracking charter amendment
December 2nd, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Mahoning County Board of Elections certified the final vote total By WILLIAM K. ALCORN
- Company puts used fracking fluid to other uses
November 22nd, 2015 at 12:00 AM
By DAVID BEARD The Dominion Post MORGANTOWN, W.Va. Deep-well injection of used fracking fluid
- Backers of the anti-fracking Youngstown charter amendment to ...
November 21st, 2015 at 12:06 AM
The results of the Struthers mayoral race and everything else on the Nov. 3 ballot will be official today
- Local activists have protests at Trumbull County oil-and-gas-waste ...
November 18th, 2015 at 12:00 AM
Members of Frack Free Mahoning Valley traveled to several Trumbull County locations to call attention to the dangers of waste from hydraulic fracturing
- Anti-frackers asking for recount on charter amendment
November 13th, 2015 at 12:06 AM
The recount could cost up to $2,250
- Fracking affecting cost of firewood in Northeast
October 28th, 2015 at 12:00 AM
Associated Press CONCORD, N.H. Northeasterners who are digging deeper into their pockets to pay
- Anti-fracking proposal goes to Youngstown voters for 5th ...
October 15th, 2015 at 12:06 AM
City residents are tired of voting on this issue, the mayor says
- Anti-fracking backers question accuracy of vote count in ...
October 7th, 2015 at 12:04 AM
Mahoning County Board of Elections members called the accusations ‘ridiculous’
- Youngstown officials file complaint to get anti-fracking charter ...
August 29th, 2015 at 12:09 AM
In a filing with the Ohio Supreme Court, city officials contend the Mahoning County Board of Elections acted “illegally” by refusing to place an anti-fracking citizen-initiative on Youngstown’s Nov. 3 ballot.
- O'Brien bill encourages use of natural gas
June 3rd, 2015 at 12:00 AM
The legislation would provide tax breaks for consumers, businesses and public agencies that switch to natural gas-powered vehicles
- Tax incentives approved for $800M Lordstown power plant
May 27th, 2015 at 12:10 AM
Lordstown council unanimously approved incentive package for Boston company’s $800 million power plant
- YSU professor lectures about link between earthquakes, fracking
January 29th, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Public lecture focuses on shale play's impact in the Mahoning Valley
- Officials plan trip to ND for fact-finding
January 5th, 2015 at 12:00 AM
A dozen Ohio and West Virginia officials are heading north this winter to learn how a North Dakota city at ground zero of the shale boom dealt with a rapidly growing population.
- Anti-fracking activists rally in the Valley
January 1st, 2015 at 12:05 AM
Frackfree Mahoning Valley had rallies in Youngstown, Weathersfield, Poland Township
- Texas towns test industry supremacy on fracking
December 1st, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Associated Press RENO, Texas A Texas hamlet shaken by its first recorded earthquake last year
- Environmentalists fear bill would weaken Ohio fracking oversight
November 29th, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Environmentalists fear bill would weaken Ohio fracking oversight
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources sued
November 20th, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Ohio Department of Natural Resources sued for approval of 23 fracking waste facilities
- Chesapeake earnings
November 19th, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Chesapeake earnings OKLAHOMA CITY Chesapeake Energy Corp. reported financial and operational
- Concerns, protests over Ohio fracking
November 19th, 2014 at 12:00 AM
COLUMBUS An update on lawmaker action and other activities at the Ohio Statehouse related to