NEWSMAKERS


NEWSMAKERS

CBS defends ‘Bull’ renewal after claim of sexual misconduct

NEW YORK

CBS defended its decision to renew the drama series “Bull” after settling a sexual-harassment claim against its star, Michael Weatherly, saying the actor “owned” and apologized for his on-set behavior toward actress Eliza Dushku.

Dushku said she was written off the show after complaining that Weatherly remarked on her appearance and made jokes involving sex and rape in front of cast and crew in early 2017. Last year, the allegation and a $9.5 million confidential settlement reached with Dushku were made public in a report by The New York Times.

“We found out about it when you did,” and looked at the matter with “fresh eyes” before making a decision on the show’s future, CBS Entertainment President Kelly Kahl told a news conference Wednesday to introduce CBS’ 2019-20 schedule, which includes “Bull.”

Associated Press

More like this from vindy.com

Subscribe Today

Sign up for our email newsletter to receive daily news.

Want more? Click here to subscribe to either the Print or Digital Editions.