ODDLY ENOUGH


ODDLY ENOUGH

Microwave blows up urine sample; woman is cited

DENVER

A Colorado woman has been cited by police after a container of what appeared to be urine blew up as she was heating it up in a microwave at a 7-Eleven.

Police say the incident occurred in the convenience store chain’s Aurora location recently when the clerk heard a loud bang and saw 26-year-old Angelique Sanchez take a white plastic bottle out of the microwave.

A police report says when confronted by the clerk, Sanchez wiped a yellow liquid that smelled like urine onto the floor and walked out.

Police located Sanchez at a nearby clinic where she had planned to take a urinalysis test for a potential employer.

The Denver woman was issued a summons for damaged property.

House where Lizzie Borden lived after acquittal opening soon

FALL RIVER, Mass.

The Massachusetts mansion where Lizzie Borden lived after being acquitted of the ax murders of her father and stepmother will soon be open for overnight stays and tours.

The Herald News reports crews are finishing renovations and the owners of the Fall River home known as Maplecroft hope their bed and breakfast opens for business within a month or so.

The home retains some features from Borden’s time, including floral wallpaper in the dining room and a tin ceiling in the kitchen.

Maplecroft is not the house where Andrew and Abby Borden were slain in 1892. That home is now the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast Museum.

Lizzie Borden and her sister moved to Maplecroft in 1894. She lived there until her death in 1927.

Both homes have the same ownership.

Hungry bear breaks into home, snacks on fruit

NORTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif.

A hungry bear broke into a California home and snacked on bread and fruit before deputy sheriffs were able to chase it away.

The Placer County sheriff’s office posted a video of the bear inside the house on its Twitter account May 3.

Bears are coming out of hibernation and deputies say this particular bear broke into a house at Northstar, North Lake Tahoe for groceries.

The homeowners called for help. In the video, the bear can be seen on a kitchen island.

Associated Press

More like this from vindy.com

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.