Autopsy: Tom Petty died of accidental drug overdose
Tom Petty’s family says his death last year was due to an accidental drug overdose.
His wife and daughter released the results of Petty’s autopsy via a statement Friday on his Facebook page. Dana and Adria Petty say they got the results from the coroner’s office earlier in the day that the overdose was due to a variety of medications.
The statement was posted moments before the Los Angeles coroner’s office issued its official findings, which confirmed that Petty had a variety of medications, including fentanyl and oxycodone, in his system.
Petty suffered from emphysema, a fractured hip and knee problems that caused him pain, the family said, but he was still committed to touring.
Justin Timberlake says he’s made peace with Janet Jackson
Justin Timberlake says he has made up with Janet Jackson after the infamous “wardrobe malfunction” at the Super Bowl in 2004.
When asked on a Beats 1 radio interview broadcast Thursday if he and Jackson have since made peace, Timberlake said, “Absolutely.”
The singer, who is preparing for the release of his fourth solo album, says he and Jackson have talked privately about the incident.
“I don’t know that a lot of people know that,” Timberlake says. “I mean, I don’t think it’s my job to do that, because you value the relationships that you do have with people.”
At the infamous halftime show, Timberlake ripped Jackson’s costume to reveal her right breast, bare except for a nipple ring. Jackson was barred a week later from the Grammy telecast.