The Austintown library offers doggone helpful reading program
Neighbors | Zack Shively.Pictured is Dana Patrick and her dog, Reese, at the "Read to Reese" event at the Austintown library on Dec. 9. Patrick works as a second-grade teacher at Austintown Elementary School and her dog has been certified as a therapy dog. They help children read better independently through their monthly program.
Neighbors | Zack Shively.The Austintown library has a "Read to Reese" program every second Saturday of each month for children to read to a trained therapy dog and grow as independent readers. Pictured, Enrique Martinez read to therapy dog Reese and Dana Patrick.
More like this from vindy.com
December 8, 2017 midnight
- Fitch students invite therapy dogs to school December 22, 2017 midnight
- Roxie relieves reading worries December 8, 2017 midnight
- Mommy and Me class at North Elementary School November 24, 2017 midnight
- The Austintown library offers learning playtime December 8, 2017 midnight
- Thanksgiving story time at the Austintown library