Fire Safety Award


CANFIELD

When a book placed on top of a lamp caught fire in his classroom at Canfield High School, a 14-year-old student quickly thought to unplug the lamp. The fire then dissipated, averting a potentially dangerous situation. For his efforts, he will be presented with a Fire Safety Award at the next board meeting of the Cardinal Joint Fire District at 5:30 p.m. Monday. The original incident occurred Jan. 3. No injuries were reported.

More like this from vindy.com

Subscribe Today

Sign up for our email newsletter to receive daily news.

Want more? Click here to subscribe to either the Print or Digital Editions.