‘60 Minutes’ exec named in misconduct article delays return
The executive producer of the CBS news show “60 Minutes” is delaying his return from vacation until an investigation into sexual misconduct claims at the network wraps up.
Meanwhile, CBS Entertainment President Kelly Kahl told reporters Sunday that CBS isn’t saying it’s perfect and that there’s room for improvement in any large company.
The executives are dealing with fallout from a scandal after allegations against the executive producer, Jeff Fager, and CBS CEO Les Moonves appeared in a New Yorker article last month.
CBS hired two outside law firms to investigate claims of sexual misconduct from several women spanning three decades at the company. While most of the article focused on Moonves, the article also contained allegations of inappropriate behavior by Fager.
Fager has denied any wrongdoing.
CBS is keeping Moonves in place during the investigation. CBS has not said whether the investigation involves Fager, but Sunday it said he will not return from his scheduled vacation today as planned.
“Having heard the investigation will be wrapping up soon, Jeff has decided to stay on vacation,” CBS News said in a statement.
The company declined to comment on when the investigation might end.
Against that backdrop, Kahl appeared Sunday at the Television Critics Association’s summer meeting in Beverly Hills, Calif. He was there to promote the network’s fall season lineup, including its much-anticipated reboot of “Murphy Brown.” Instead, he fielded a barrage of questions about Moonves and the effectiveness of CBS policies involving misbehavior.