Police: Nightclub shooting victims not cooperating

By Joe Gorman



Police say a lack of cooperation from witnesses is hampering their investigation into a shooting early Saturday that wounded four people at a Market Street nightclub.

Both Police Chief Robin Lees and Lt. Doug Bobovnyik said the lack of cooperation is holding up efforts to sort out what happened about 2:20 a.m. Saturday inside Club Deja Vu, 2810 Market St., where police responded to calls of shots fired and discovered four people had been shot.

All four are expected to recover from their wounds, police said.

Bobovnyik said police were able to obtain video from inside the nightclub and are studying it.

“It looks like an exchange of gunfire,” Bobovnyik said. “But we’re not even sure at this point who the initial target was.”

Bobovnyik said investigators have some suspects in mind, but without cooperation from witnesses it may be hard to charge someone.

“Our biggest problem is the lack of cooperation,” Bobovnyik said.

Also over the weekend, a Midland Avenue man was arrested Saturday after reports said he elbowed a police officer in the face and had a loaded .38-caliber revolver with him.

Officers pulled over a car about 5:10 p.m. at Alameda and Ford avenues on the North Side driven by Reginald Comer, 20, for an improper turn.

Reports said officers asked Comer to get out of the car because police wanted to search it because of the marijuana smell.

Comer got out of the carbut ran way, reports said, and elbowed an officer in the face when he was tackled. In his pocket police found a .38-caliber revolver loaded with four rounds, reports said.

Comer was booked into the Mahoning County jail on several charges, including carrying a concealed weapon and assault on a police officer.

Judge Robert Milich set bond for Comer at $30,000 Monday after his arraignment in municipal court.

More like this from vindy.com

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.