Vindicator Logo

Missing Boardman woman found dead in SUV behind Starbucks

By Jordyn Grzelewski

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

By Jordyn Grzelewski


A township man is waiting for answers after his wife of 18 years was found dead in a parking lot Tuesday morning.

“All I can say is she was a terrific wife. The rest we don’t know yet,” William Beshara, 66, of St. Albans Drive, told The Vindicator.

The body of Billie Beshara, 48, was found by a township police officer shortly before 7 a.m. Tuesday in a parking lot behind Starbucks and Nicolinni’s restaurant on U.S. Route 224. The Mahoning County Coroner’s Office will perform an autopsy today.

William reported his wife missing about 6 p.m. Saturday.

He said he last saw Billie about 9:30 a.m. Friday, according to a police report. He said he returned home that evening to find that the money he had left out for her to go grocery shopping was still there, but Billie was gone.

He also told police it was not unusual for her to go out on Friday nights, but it was unusual for her to be gone for so long. Multiple calls to her cellphone went straight to voicemail, he told police.

Police said Billie’s vehicle was located after township patrol officers were told to be on alert for it. An officer was patrolling the area near 224 and Tiffany South on Tuesday morning when he saw a vehicle matching the description of the black Cadillac Escalade officers had been told to look for.

The officer reportedly found Billie unresponsive in the vehicle and called emergency responders to the scene. Investigators said the vehicle could have been there for as long as 24 hours.

Investigators said there were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play. They referred to the process as a “death investigation,” which is being handled by township police and the coroner’s office.

Police had the Escalade towed to the police station. They said that nothing “pertinent” was in plain view in the vehicle when it was found.

Processing of the vehicle Tuesday did not yield any items such as drug paraphernalia, police said.

Now, the investigation will be shaped by what toxicology tests and an autopsy find.

The investigation is “really in its early stages,” said Detective Gerald Kamensky, who is leading the investigation.

A cause-of-death ruling likely will depend on toxicology results, which usually take three to four weeks to come back, the coroner’s office said.

William Beshara said he did not have any idea about the circumstances of his wife’s death, but noted the autopsy scheduled for today.

He struggled to speak about her through tears, describing her as “always loving and caring to everybody.”

“We had two little puppies that she loved. She never went anywhere without them,” he said.

This was his second marriage, he said, and they did not have any children together.

Asked what name his wife went by – her full name, according to a police report, is Billie Jo Beshara – he said she went by Billie.

“And my name is Bill. We were two Billies,” he said.