Man accused of making Facebook threat to child’s school to receive mental-health assessment

Man accused of posting threat on Facebook

By Ed Runyan


Alan M. Jordan, 33, of Laird Avenue Southeast, will be held until at least Thursday in the Trumbull County Jail, where he will receive a mental-health assessment after being accused of making a Facebook threat toward Warren City Schools last week.

Jordan is charged in Warren Municipal Court with one felony count of inducing panic, accused of making the threat Wednesday. He will have another hearing Thursday. Judge Tom Gysegem will review the results of the assessment before setting bond. No plea was entered in the case.

The threat said Jordan was unhappy because his child, who attends the McGuffey K-8 building, was “having some trouble at school with some little kids.”

The post goes on to say, “I swear to God, I’ll make Sandy Hook look like a day at Disney ... so y’all better control ya [expletive] kids ... ”

Sandy Hook is a reference to Dec. 14, 2012, when Adam Lanza fatally shot 20 children ages 6 and 7 and and six adult staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

Warren police arrested Jordan Friday. He was held in the jail over the weekend without eligibility to make bond.

When interviewed by detectives Friday, Jordan said he suffers from post-traumatic stress and anxiety.

Traci Timko Sabau, assistant law director, said the school district has no record of any complaints regarding Jordan’s child being bullied.

The Facebook page where the threat was posted gave Jordan’s name as Majjai Sabah An, but Jordan admitted it was he who posted it and it was his Facebook page.

“It is the position of the Warren Law Department and Warren Police Department that there is zero tolerance for any threats toward the schools,” Timko Sabau said.

Steve Chiaro, Warren superintendent, said he received a hand-written note at the end of the school day Thursday alerting him to the Facebook threat.

He immediately reported it to a school-resource officer, who worked with another school-resource officer to investigate the post and identify the child.

School resource officer assignments were altered for the rest of the day Thursday and on Friday with a school resource officer staying in the McGuffey building during the evening while activities were taking place.

On Friday, a school resource officer remained in the McGuffey building throughout the day to provide additional protection, Chiaro said. Classes continued normally with no disruptions to students and staff, Chiaro said.

Subscribe Today

Sign up for our email newsletter to receive daily news.

Want more? Click here to subscribe to either the Print or Digital Editions.