• Kinsman United Methodist Church trustees will host a chicken-and-biscuit dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. at the church, 8362 Main St. Tickets are $7.50 for adults and $3.75 for children 4 to 12; kids 3 and under eat for free. Takeouts are available by calling 330-876-5641. The church is handicap accessible. This is the last dinner for the season.
• Lockwood United Methodist Church, 4570 Lockwood Blvd., Youngstown, will host a free community dinner from 5 to 6:30 p.m. The menu comprises scalloped potatoes and ham casserole, salad, glazed carrots, rolls, dessert and a beverage.
• Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield-Niles Road, Austintown, will serve Supper at the Corner from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Donations will be accepted to continue the program.
• Christ the Good Shepherd Parish at St. Joseph the Provider Church, 633 Porter Ave., Campbell, will sell potato, prune and kraut pirogi. The cost is $6 a dozen. Frozen pirogi will be sold while supplies last. Phone orders may be made from 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday and beginning at 8 a.m. Friday at 330-755-1316. Orders can be picked up starting at noon. The last sale of the season will be May 27. Sales will resume in September.
• Christ Our Savior Parish at Holy Trinity Church, 250 Bridge St., Struthers, will sell potato, cabbage and lekvar pirogi. The cost is $5.50 a dozen. There is a limit of three dozen cabbage pirogi while supplies last. Orders will be taken from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday and from 8 to 10 a.m. Friday at 330-755-0064. No walk-in orders will be accepted. Pickup will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Containers will be provided. This will be the last sale of the season. They will resume in September.
• Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church, 53 Laird Ave., Youngstown, will serve fish dinners from 3:30 to 7 p.m. at the church hall. The menu will consist of baked or fried Icelandic cod or fried haddock; sides of Spanish rice, haluski, macaroni and cheese, french fries or string beans (choose two); coleslaw or applesauce; bread and butter; and coffee or tea. The cost is $11 for adults and $6 for children. Dessert will be an additional $1.75. Containers will be provided for takeouts. Orders will be accepted from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 330-792-1005.
• Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church, 526 W. Rayen Ave., Youngstown, will take orders for potato and potato with kraut pirogi for $6 per dozen. No containers are necessary. Orders should be placed from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday and from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday at 330-746-9528 and are to be picked up between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Friday at the church hall. Hot lunches will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• St. Anne Ukrainian Catholic Church, 4310 Kirk Road, Austintown, will sell potato and cheese pirogi. To order call 330-799-0084 from 8:30 a.m. to noon Thursday and from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday. Pickup will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. Cost is $6.50 per dozen (no containers necessary). Walk-ins welcome. Use the side entrance. This will be the last sale of the season.
• St. Stanislaus Church, 430 Williamson Ave., Youngstown, sells potato, kraut and cottage cheese pirogi on Fridays. Advance orders will be taken at 330-747-3024 from 8 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday. Pickup will be from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost is $6.50 per dozen. Pirogi lunches will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Walk-in orders are welcome.
• VFW Post 9571, 11397 Ellsworth Road, Ellsworth, will host an all-you-can-eat fried fish dinner from 4:30 to 7 p.m. The meal includes french fries, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw and applesauce. Four-piece chicken, chicken fingers or shrimp dinners also are available. Cost is $9. A chicken fingers or fish dinner for seniors is $8.50, and a fish dinner for children under 10 is $5.50. The meals are offered the first and third Fridays of each month.
• Calvary United Methodist Church, 12062 South Ave., North Lima, will have chicken barbecue from 3 to 6 p.m. Sit-down or takeout meals include baked potato, applesauce, green beans, roll, drink and pie. Cost is $9 for adults and $7 for children 12 and under. For information call 330-549-2588.
• Ruth Shrine of Poland Masonic Temple, 7685 Youngstown-Pittsburgh Road, will have a ham loaf sale from 3 to 7 p.m. or until sold out. Loaves are $6 each. Drive in or order in advance by Thursday by calling Karen at 330-501-8477 or Nancy at 330-793-0245.
• St. John Lutheran Church, 1429 Mahoning Ave., will serve an all-you-can-eat pasta luncheon buffet for a building fundraiser from noon until the food runs out. It will include meatballs, tossed salad, Italian bread, beverage and dessert for $12. For reservations or takeout call 330-799-1751.
• Simon Road Church of God, 4750 Simon Road, Boardman, is having its last kolachi bake sale until November. Nut, apricot and poppy kolachi can be ordered through May 29; and pickup will be from 1 to 2 p.m. June 2. To order call Ronni at 330-758-7447, Wendy at 330-757-2470 or Linda at 330-758-5108.
• North Lima Mennonite Church, 90 Mennonite Drive, will sponsor a breakfast buffet from 7 to 10 a.m. May 28. For a donation, the all-you-can-eat breakfast will include eggs, pancakes, French toast, sausage, potatoes, homemade pastries, sausage gravy and biscuits, peppers and mushrooms, coffee, orange juice and other beverages. For information call the church at 330-549-2333.
A listing of food sales and dinners is published Wednesday. Please submit information for takeout and sit-down dinners to the Society Department before noon Monday.