Professional fundraisers plan to honor their own
The Association of Fundraising Professionals Mahoning-Shenango Chapter has announced the slate of 2014 honorees for the Valley’s National Philanthropy Day Awards.
This year the luncheon ceremony will mark the 24th year of the awards in the Valley and is scheduled for Nov. 14 at Antone’s Banquet Center.
Philanthropy is vital to our local charities and agencies and the well-being of our communities. The public is invited to purchase $30 seats for the 2014 luncheon by Nov. 5.
Payments may be made to the Association of Fundraising Professionals, P.O. Box 672, Youngstown, OH.
For program advertising contact Catherine Cala by Sept. 23 at 330-941-2752 or email email@example.com.
Recipients and their categories follow:
• Outstanding Philanthropist: Eleanor Watanakunakorn of Canfield
• Outstanding Corporate Philanthropist: WKBN Television
• Outstanding Small Business Philanthropist: Walberg Family Pharmacies of Greenville, Pa.
• Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser: Joanne Preston of New Castle, Pa.
• Outstanding Civic Organization: Youngstown Air Reserve Base Community Council in Vienna
• Outstanding Young Philanthropist: The Caring Kids Club of Boardman
• Legacy Award: (presented in conjunction with the Mahoning/Shenango Planned Giving Council posthumously to an individual or family) Mr. and Mrs. Edward Powers
• Special Impact on the Valley: Rotary Club of Youngstown
For other details contact one of the event co-chairs, JoAnn Stock at 330-746-9122 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Lynn Wyant at 330-744-5485, email@example.com, More information may also be found at www.afpmash.org.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals represents more than 27,000 members in 180 chapters in the United States, Canada, Mexico and China, working to advance philanthropy.
Locally the AFP consists of 60 members who are active fundraising professionals for numerous nonprofit organizations, schools and hospitals. Each year, the chapter hosts numerous educational workshops as well as the local celebration of National Philanthropy Day.