More than 100 students evacuated from Poland Elementary School

Staff report


Approximately 160 kindergarten through fourth-graders at Poland Dobbins Elementary School were evacuated Tuesday morning after an odor concerned the administration.

The odor was caused by a heating unit in the ceiling of the school, which was repaired, Superintendent David Janofa said.

“It was certainly enough to provoke an evacuation of the building,” Janofa said.

The students were taken to Poland Seminary High School about 8:30 a.m. and were there for about an hour while the issue was repaired and the school was vented out to get rid of the odor.

The Western Reserve Fire District and police responded to the incident.

The students were able to return to the elementary school.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.