Report on bullying spat between Austintown BOE member, super revealed

Published: Tue, March 25, 2014 @ 11:13 p.m.

AUSTINTOWN

An independent investigation into a public spat between Austintown schools Superintendent Vincent Colaluca and school board member Harold Porter found that Porter bullied Colaluca, violated board policies and had “conflicting business interests.”

On Tuesday, The Vindicator received the results of the investigation completed by HR On Call Inc. and documents related to the investigation through a Freedom of Information Act request.

The investigation was into allegations that Colaluca and Porter made against each other. Colaluca alleged Porter used verbal

aggression and intimidation in emails, that Porter spread lies and rumors about Colaluca and that Porter made a threatening comment toward Colaluca after a board meeting.

Porter contended Colaluca publicly harassed him, discredited him and violated executive-session protocol.

“It is what it is,” Porter said about the investigation. “I’m just going to let it go at this point. I think if there were anything to it, they would do some action to me. My attorneys do have it. I’m sure we’ll have some kind of response next week.”

Read details of the spat and the report in Wednesday's Vindicator or on Vindy.com.

Comments

1rickking123(312 comments)posted 9 months ago

Now pass that levy so we can have your money....

Conflicting business interests and violations of board policy. Sounds like someone who has the best interests of the students at heart.

2DontBanThisDrone(545 comments)posted 9 months ago

As an adult, wouldn't you be embarrassed to use the word "bullying"?

(-:

3billdog1(1804 comments)posted 9 months ago

It sounds to me like somebody didn't like being confronted for being a lair. I hate lairs as well and always confront them. Last time I confronted a coworker for lying they were offended as well. I said if you don't like being told your lying, don't lie. Bungholes.

4Notorious_Pig(117 comments)posted 9 months ago

Yeah Billdog1....I hate LAIRS, too! I also hate people that have an education, yet can't spell.

5rickking123(312 comments)posted 9 months ago

Also sounds like someone thought his position as a board member should benefit him financially. I'm a board member and my children should have a specific teacher too.

6billdog1(1804 comments)posted 9 months ago

Miss spelling is not a character defect.