Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles

Published: Mon, March 17, 2014 @ 1:03 p.m.

Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A pre-dawn earthquake rolled across the Los Angeles basin today, rattling residents from the San Fernando Valley to Long Beach. The quake’s magnitude was 4.4 and it was centered 15 miles west-northwest of the downtown civic center, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

1redeye1(5359 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

It had to be from the oil drilling in Poland Twp Ohio I'll bet. Time to quit drilling. NOT!

2dontbeafool(1696 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Or from too much illegal timber cutting RON.

3300(573 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

^ Hahahahahaha, uh oh, UticaShale, you might as well stop pretending to be part of the "industry" since someone clearly knows that you aren't!!!!!!

4300(573 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

^ They're those things that I own down in Columbiana County!

5300(573 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

You think I'm going to give all my information out on a public forum?

See here's the difference between us. I actually own something, and I don't need to head to message boards and pretend to be something I'm not. I could answer all your questions if I wanted to, but what do I have to gain? I'm not someone trying to weasel my way into the whole shale play (you know exactly what I'm talking about). I know all about production units, different laterals, the various pipeline projects taking place. But, unlike you, I'm naturally involved in all of this because I own property (and a decent amount of it at that!).

So, while you were trying to scam your way into ownership of all those Youngstown mineral rights, my family's owned ours for over a century.

Face it, you tried to be someone like the guy who organized ALOV (I won't use his name here), but you're not. He was around in the community from the get-go, you jumped in when you thought you could get a quick buck. So how's that worked out for you?

6dontbeafool(1696 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

@300, maybe you should ask him what taxes are and if you are required to pay them.

7300(573 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

That's it! Time for a push-up contest! "You ever been in the military?!" Now that's gilded!

Dontbeafool's right, it's probably time for you to get a new handle for these message boards!

I will answer your one bit, though. I'd be happier if the O&G people never came. Since they did, I had to adapt, but I'm not pro-fracking at all. Big O&G are screwing people over, and Kasich seems to be fine with it. In the end, the landowners will get taken advantage of no matter how iron-clad a contract is had. The O&G workers don't respect landowners at all, and when you see the mess that has happened on some people's property, you learn very quickly that at least the "frackpots" aren't going to destroy land that has been in a family for generations.

As for the rest, you're still the guy pretending to be something he's not, so why would I answer any of your other questions?

8300(573 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

So much projection. So much hostility. So little reality!

For what it's worth, you did make for some nice conversation topics earlier tonight during St. Paddy's drinks.

© 2015 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.