A local business experienced a significant loss in a fire, so other businesses came together to help the owner get back on his feet.
Saturday’s event at The Bowery, 2729 E. Midlothian Blvd., benefited Struthers Chair and Tent Rental.
A fire destroyed the business at 625 Spring St. May 26. Tents, tables and chairs went up in flames. Owner Joe Lattanzio said insurance will cover about $60,000 of the $360,000 loss.
Lattanzio is always there for them, said Mary Jo Naples, manager of The Bowery.
For a benefit for someone else, for example, Lattanzio helped out, Naples said.
“He donated the tables, the chairs, and everything, without even blinking an eye,” she said. “Didn’t even have to ask him twice.”
Now it’s his turn, Naples added.
“We need to give back to him. He’s a very nice guy,” she said. “All businesses should stick together.”
Read more about the event, and the loss that prompted it, in Sunday's Vindicator or on Vindy.com.