CAVS CELEBRATE | 'I'm coming home,' Lebron tells Sports Illustrated

Published: Fri, July 11, 2014 @ 12:31 p.m.

LeBron James

LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

James told Lee Jenkins of Sports Illustrated, "When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won two. But Miami already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time.

"My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio."

James famously left the Cavaliers in 2010 and took his talents to Miami to play for the Miami heat.

"I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when," he told Jenkins.

"After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland.

"The more time passed, the more it felt right," LeBron said. "This is what makes me happy.

1joebag09(301 comments)posted 1 year, 2 months ago

WHO THE H_ _ _ CARES! A few years ago most fans wanted to drive a stake through the man's heart for leaving. I'll be curious to see how everyone "welcomes" him back now?

2MLC75(637 comments)posted 1 year, 2 months ago

It's the way of the world,hated today and loved tomorrow.I say welcome back King James !

Where is the hater who posted the other day,get over it,he will never come back.Lol to you.

By the way,I really don't care,because I don't like basketball,I just find this amusing how some people get worked up.

3Ytownnative(1114 comments)posted 1 year, 2 months ago

I don't follow basketball that much. Is Cleveland that close to a championship team that one man makes a difference ?

4DSquared(1531 comments)posted 1 year, 2 months ago

LeBiatch LeChoke!

5Jerry(710 comments)posted 1 year, 2 months ago

My life has meaning again, and I can now die happy and fulfilled, because someone who is really really good at playing a game with a ball is back in NE Ohio.

© 2015 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.